Can anyone suggest a good protein drink?

Linda D.
on 3/25/05 9:41 am - Walpole, MA
I am still pre-op, but am beginning to stock my shelves. Finding a good protein drink would be a big help. Thanks, Linda
chellz
on 3/25/05 10:31 pm - worcester, ma
Hi, My personal favorite is from Nectar, I love there Roadside Lemonade protein powder...it mixes instantly with water and tastes like juice...they just came out with a lemon iced tea one also and they have a few different ones to choose from. There is 23 grams of protien in 8 ounces. Michelle 01/27/05 291/247/130
Monica B.
on 3/26/05 7:54 am - Emery, SD
I had 3 or 4 various protein drinks in my house before the surgery. After my surgery on 12/06/04 my tastes changed dramaticly. Beware of this and don't stop up on lots of stuff. Go gently into this post op period. I would get some sample packets of protein powders or drinks. I am lucky that I found what I now use everyday and love it. I use the Jay Robb's Whey protein powders that I purchase at my local Whole Foods Market. It has 24 grms protein per scoop. I mix the chocolate or vanilla with 8 oz of Hood's Simply Smart fat free milk and I find this a great way to start my day with protein. I sometimes mix the vanilla with 4 oz of milk with 4 oz of Tropicana lite OJ for a great shake. I also purchased two large and two small Nalgene bottles at EMS. I keep a set at home and one at work. These bottle help me get all my water in and are very portable. Good luck, follow the rules, ask questions, and enjoy the new you. Monica 330/270/???
Linda D.
on 3/26/05 9:13 am - Walpole, MA
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll take Monica's advice and not buy too much beforehand. Linda
zozomama
on 3/30/05 12:17 pm - Metro West area, MA
I've liked the Unjury protein powder (20g protein per scoop). You have to order it at (www) unjury.com. You can order samples from them. The unflavored powder mixes well into soups, pudding, and jello. The vanilla is too sweet for me to drink as a shake, but the chocolate one is good. For pre-mixed, I like the WorldWide protein shakes (from 23 to 35 g protein per can) that I buy at Trader Joe's. Jennifer
suzend
on 4/22/05 3:53 am - Groton, MA
Try www.vitalady.com and order some samples. She has lots of them and they are only $1.99 each. I think it's great to be able to try them out before buying a huge container. And it's true that your tastes will change after surgery. I've tried the unjury and it's decent but I find it pricey compared to Champion Whey Stack(chocolate is my fave). Especially if your doing 2-3 shakes a day to get in the 60-90g of protein needed everyday. Good luck to you! Suzen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views