fatty liver??

denise W.
on 3/25/05 7:41 am - methuen, MA
Hi has anyone out there been told they have a fatty liver? I am a little nervous about this during surgery. as I am told they have to lift your liver in order to put the band on. Would just like to know if anyone out there also has this problem and if there were any problems during your surgery. thank you Denise
Luann S.
on 3/25/05 8:11 am - Randolph, MA
I have(?had) fatty liver and had LapRNY 9/14/04. I don't believe there were any complications with my liver. It's a condition that can be prevented from worsening by weight loss. My liver functions have always been fine. Cholesterol is also produced by the liver and high cholesterol contributes to fatty liver. Mine has been great since surgery. Good luck. Ask your surgeon. Luann
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/25/05 9:49 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Denise, some Docs require a liquid diet 1-2 weeks prior to surgery. They claim this shrinks the liver and allows them to move more effectively inside. Also, not sure if you found the main lap band forum--go to main entrance and under member forums--there is a drop down for surgery type and then select lap band. Once you are in the lap band board you can bookmark it on your computer. Joan F
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views