4/5 date very nervous

Jory M.
on 4/1/05 2:51 am - Halifax, MA
Hi Husto Yup. I went through the same thing. It stunk. My BMI was 43 and everyone thought I didn't need it either. I almost backed out during the last few days of waiting with all of the morbid thoughts I had. I made myself pretty crazy with worry. Lucliky I asked my surgeon for a sedative the night before and the morning of, and I sailed though that. Barely remember it even happening I was so relaxed. That was 11 months ago. Personally I haven't had one problem since. Down about 90 lbs and have tons of energy. My surgeon says I don't have to lose anymore, but I hope to. For me, I am so glad the self-criticism and sense of failure is over. It is a real blessing for most of us. Good luck in your decision. You are not alone. Jory
Husto W.
on 4/1/05 11:35 am - South Orleans, MA
Hi Jory, Thanks for your post...it's reassuring to know that you had a lower BMI too. I'm losing the few pounds as requested to shrink the liver...I keep wondering "what if I could try ...just one more time" but I know I would just set myself for another cycle. My surgery is at 7:30 am so I won't be able to medicate the night before (I'll have to leave the house @ 3:30!) Your post was encouraging!! Thanks again, Husto
denise W.
on 4/1/05 5:33 am - methuen, MA
Hi Husto, Well I am so glad that I am not alone with my feelings. I also saw Dr. Jones last Wednesday and my surgery date is May 24th and oh boy I am so nervous. I am not afraid of the surgery, because I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Jones. I feel he is very smart at what he does as well as having a very friendly personality. Mary could not have said it better. She more or less said when your time is up it is up, I totally agree with her I really believe in fate. I feel my diabetes and high blood pressure will eventually do me in, but the surgery can only make these problems less severe or eliminate them altogether. so I am looking on the bright side and am looking at this as a new beginning for me and a second chance at life. Yes, surgery is a serious thing, but I feel the chances of an uneventful surgery and recovery is on our side. I wish you the very best of luck and may God bles you!! Denise
Husto W.
on 4/1/05 11:22 am - South Orleans, MA
Thank You Denise. It is very nice to have other people ahead of me and coming right behind me. I guess it's little easier with company! I really wasn't very nervous until I got the date. Good Luck to you!! Husto
marypoco
on 4/3/05 9:54 am - amherst, MA
Husto, I feel so great now! I can walk ,I can sleep without a machine , I have energy to do things.and I would do it again in a heart beat. I also just came back from my very first WLS gathering from Spotlight health. in Boston. What a blast I had. What a wonderful group of people there was there. have you ever checked out that web site for weight loss surgery.? spotlighthealth.com go to weight loss surgery , than discussions you'll find a great bunch of people there too. I check out both sites everyday.. I have friends at both places! Some that I met for the first time Friday I felt like I've known them for years. what a ride, hook up your seatbelt your in for the adventure of a lifetime. good luck with your surgery on the 5th! Mary
Husto W.
on 4/4/05 3:46 am - South Orleans, MA
Thanks again Mary! You upbeat attitude is very helpful, I appreciate it! Husto
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs