4/5 date very nervous

Husto W.
on 3/20/05 9:03 am - South Orleans, MA
I have been "going thru the process" since November. I met with Dr. Jones last week and have a surgery date of 4/5. Now that it's almost here I'm scared to death! I have been very private about my intentions (I've just told my wife and children, and a few others). I am not a person who worries much, but I wonder......am I doing the right thing? Have I really tried every other possibility? What will this do to the rest of my life. My BMI is 43...Could/should I be doing something else?
emme819
on 3/20/05 11:07 am - Worcester, MA
I had the exact same feelings right after I got my date. I just had my surgery on 3/16/05 and all has gone ok so far. It's a BIG decision, and one that unfortunately only you can make. I wavered back and forth like crazy for a while, and it made me a bit nuts. It's a big deal, and I'm not sure anyone much knows how things will be for us 20-25 years down the pike. But for me, I figured I'd have a better shot at being here 25 years from now if I had the surgery than if I didn't. My BMI was like 44, or 43.9 or something. I wish I could offer you better help than this, but it's a very personal thing. I wish you well in making the decision, and hope everything goes well whatever you decide. Good luck! Mary Ellen
Husto W.
on 4/1/05 11:25 am - South Orleans, MA
Hi Mary Ellen, It's been a couple of weeks for you....how's it been? Hope you're feeling well! Husto
emme819
on 4/1/05 12:15 pm - Worcester, MA
I feel great! The first few days I felt pretty icky. Not pain so much but more lightheaded and queasy. But those passed after a few days and it's been fine since. I'm walking at least 2 miles a day now, keeping up with my protein and getting ready to go on soft/pureed foods on Monday. Good luck with your surgery if you decide to do it, and let us know how you're doing! Mary Ellen
slow and steady
on 3/23/05 2:00 am - MA
Husto, feel the same way, however I also look at the outcome. Do you feel confident in your surgeon. Do you have a good after care program. It is a personal perference.. Prediabetes, and Joint Pain really directed me in the path. Sending good vibes your way, Theresa
Husto W.
on 3/24/05 5:55 am - South Orleans, MA
Thanks Theresa, Good Luck Next Week!!!
marypoco
on 3/26/05 6:09 am - amherst, MA
Good Luck Husto, and think of it as If something were to happen it would happen with or without the surgery. I mean that's the way I went into the surgery as what will be , will be and if It were my turn to "die" I would "die" with or without this surgery. Like getting into an accident or getting hit by a truck and that gave me some comfort. I put my faith in God and went in with a totally positive attitude that everything would be alright. I couldn't keep going on this yo-yo lifestyle. I hated doing anything and have tried and failed so many diets I was a failure or felt like one anyhow. so I eat a fraction of what I used to eat. I still will eat . Not sugar ,mind you but, I got used to not eating sugar so I don't miss it that much. If I could give you any worthwhile advise it would be think of how great you'll feel when it's all over and you feel so good about yourself maybe for the first time in your life, YOu'll feel soooooooooooooo good about yourself.!! My best for a short recovery time and a uneventful surgery. ~ Mary 268/260/159/??
Joanne H.
on 3/28/05 12:34 am - chicopee, ma
I think it is normal to feel nervous but to know that there are many of us who came out on the other side very healthy and grateful....good luck to you on your surgery..............Joanne
Husto W.
on 4/1/05 11:29 am - South Orleans, MA
Thank You Joanne, I appreciate the thoughts. Husto
Husto W.
on 4/1/05 11:27 am - South Orleans, MA
Hi Mary, Thank you for responding. I feel much better knowing how many have gone before me. How do you feel this far out? Husto
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views