left side of the incision is very painful

debbie3855
on 3/20/05 4:03 am - Havehill, MA
Has anyone had this happen?? I am 9 days out..wooooo-hoooooo.....and I am having some pain on the left side of my icision. nowhere near my incision but there is some pain. I don't think it is anything to seriously worry about and I have my 2 week check up on Thursday I was just curious thats all. Thanks Debbie Ps i am 20 pounds down...ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/05 4:37 am - haverhill, MA
I would definitely call the doc on Monday. Just to be sure. It is hard to say what it is just by your description, but they can tell you if it serious enough for a visit. Somehow, your surgery date slipped by without my noticing! Hope you are recovering well. I live in your city. Feel free to email me if you need anything...or just would like a reassuring visit or phone call. Kim O
lily K.
on 3/20/05 9:35 pm - brockton, MA
dear debbie i also had pain on the left side, and it happened about 3 weeks out, of course this was when i was going back to work, the doc prescribed celebrex and in 2 days the pain was gone. i have heard that at 2-3 weeks the nerve endings are coming back to life and the left side is where a lot of the work takes place so that is why many have pain in that location, but always talk to your doc. when the pain first started i waited till my next appt to tell the surgeon and was in a lot of pain cause i kept thinking it would go away with time!! best of luck to you lilykate
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views