Nothing more than feelings!!!

DC
on 3/19/05 9:40 am - Orange, MA
Hay all, I had my behavioral meds intake at Umass on 3/18. They sent a packet of questions in the mail asking about my feelings! You know I noticed while filling them out that I don't have any!! It could be that from years of being fat and the emotional hell that causes is from age 5 to 20 I think I learned to ignore feelings. I suppose that's a common problem for us. Anyway to the point the journal I need to fill out about my eating habits requires that I explain my thoughts and feelings when I am eating I find this very difficult! How do I feel ?? REGULAR!! Well she gave me a list to choose from and they are keeping me amused if nothing else. I will do the best I can. Have to go back in 2 weeks to go over the results. Then I will need to go to the 4 presurgery skills group meetings. Am awaiting contact from the exercise group. That will be a 7 week program. Have a meeting with the sleep doctor on 4/29. well gotta go and think about my feelings DC
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/05 8:26 pm - haverhill, MA
I was like that too. I found out that without the excess food....I had feelings all over the place! Turns out I am a very high anxiety person.. I suspect that the food was helping to keep that under control. Ah the journeys of self discovery after surgery! Anyway. good luck
emme819
on 3/20/05 11:12 am - Worcester, MA
I'm only 4 days out, and already I've noticed an increase in "bad" feelings since the surgery. I'm not used to being bored, but I don't really feel well enough to do much yet, can't concentrate to read, don't have as much interest in tv or the computer (probably cuz I still feel a bit crummy from the surgery) and I'm not coping with this negative energy feeling! I think I shoveled food in so fast and furiously just to make sure I didn't feel ANYTHING. Can't say that has changed much since I'm only 4 days out, but I'm sure not used to feeling like this! I probably would have drowned it out with M&Ms by now! Interesting journey this is going to be. Good luck at UMass, David. I had my surgery there on 3/16 with Dr. Kelly. Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views