Wowweee Zowweeee ... 5/17 is the date!

Rudie M.
on 3/18/05 6:48 am - Boston, MA
I got a date ... I'm scheduled for RNY on 5/17 with Dr. Pratt at MGH. Can we say nervous??? The wait was long, and then all of a sudden, POOF! it's over! I researched RNY obsessively in the last eight months so I think I've done my research ... still, I'm not a big risk taker and there are no guarantees. But the benefits sure do look like they outweigh (ahem) the risk. Any of you on the losing side agree/disagree? Also, any of you have Dr. Pratt at your surgeon? Thanks in advance for your replies! Rudee
Julie H.
on 3/18/05 8:19 am - Georgetown, MA
Hi Rudee, Yes I had Dr. Pratt perform my surgery on 7-18-03. She is super, I adore her so much. She is so helpful, honest and no nonsense about anything. I realized I sent you an invite to join the MGH group and you are already a member. In my defense I think there is still some demerol floating around in me from my scope I had done yesterday. As you lose the weight the benefits will out weigh (silly pun) the difficulties you may or may not have. So feel free to e-mail me and I will answer any questions you may have, or maybe even end up meeting you at one of the monthly meetings or in the waiting room one day. Keep up the positive attitude and you will do great at this journey you are embarking on. All the best Julie
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/05 10:57 pm - haverhill, MA
That was exactly my reasoning when I decided to have my surgery. The benefits outweighed the risks for me. I did everything I could to minimize the risks and it all paid off for me. I am 3 years post op and very happy that I made the decision to have surgery. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views