denied by tufts

katiesg
on 3/16/05 11:34 am - boston, MA
Well I just got the bad news that tufts denied me. I swear I almost cried. My BMI is 37 and I have a couple of co-morbidities. Does anyone know about appealing with Tufts? Thanks for any help or prayers!
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 7:39 pm - haverhill, MA
Sorry to hear this Katie. I do not know about the appeal process with Tufts. Does Dr Vernon's office have any idea about the chance of success with an appeal?
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/16/05 11:27 pm - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Katie, Sorry to learn you were denied. Did the docs office expect this? Did you load the application with your comorbids? back & joint pain, incontinence, mobility issues along with the medical co-morbids? I would ask Dr.Vernon's office to call Tufts before resubmitting so you can get any documentation needed before resubmitting. I hope this works out for you! Joan F.
katiesg
on 3/17/05 12:26 am - boston, MA
Hi Joan thanks for the support- I'm just bummed because everyone says Tufts is so easy. I have to wait until monday or until my letter arrive sto see why I was denied. I always thought I was so patient ... but waiting for this is killing me. Have you had success with your band? thanks for the help! katie PS I grew up in needham on wildwood drive!
seachelley80
on 3/17/05 1:08 am - gloucester, MA
I AM SORRY! BUT KEEP HOPE. I HAVE TUFTS HMO AND I HAD A BMI OF JUST 40 AND NO CO-MORB AND I WAS APPROVED. I WISH YOU LUCK!
Jenna B.
on 3/17/05 9:54 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I know of someone else that was denied by Tufts and she was approved after the appeal process. What basically happended is her primary Dr. didn't document the submission as good as he should have. Good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hugs, Jenna
lmt516
on 3/19/05 6:50 am - Brant Rock, MA
I am so sorry you were denied. I would bet it was because the didn't document your comorbidities well enough. Good Luck with the appeal, I am sure it will go well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views