14 Week check up - hurrah for Monica

Monica B.
on 3/16/05 1:06 am - Emery, SD
March 15, 2005 Just back from an appointment at the Mercy Comprehensive Weight Management office. I saw Dr.Kerocak and he said hi, Maggies on vacation, somewhere warm, said hi to Ann, the nutritionist,(she is so approachable and easy to ask guidance from) Barbara the receptionist and I had a nice fun visit, and then I got to see Candace the Nurse Pratitioner. I have lost 56 lbs by their scales, 15.6 lbs since my last visit there 2/08/05. I am tickled pink (yes I have on pink shoes, a great top, and my nails are a bubble gum pink). Candace is very pleased with my progress and especially happy that I am getting in all my protein (70-100 grms), carbs (at least 100 grms), and between 900-1100 calories a day. Also happy that I am drinking so much water. Told her about my excerise and how it is helping me. I am walking on the treadmill and have begun using the Nautilus equipment at the gym. Wow this is powerful stuff for me. Last night I worked up such a sweat that it was dripping into my eyes. Who would guess that I could do this. I told my hubby that I would need to get a head band. Me in a sweat absorbing head band. Power on Monica. We also talked about my feelings, and how I am generally doing since the surgery. All I can say is that I am doing wonderful and am thankful that I had this surgery. I have the power to make good healthy food choices and I do not find this hard to do. I have some foods that don't make my new pouch happy, so I stay away from them. I told her that sometimes I forget to chew well, or just take another forkfull and yikes my stomach hurts. The pouch lets me know when I have offended it. I do not feel deprived and I think that this helps me make the good choices I am making. I take a few moments each day to make sure that I have my vitamins with me, to make sure I have my Hoods Simply Smart milk, my protein powders, the food I will have for lunch or snack. By taking these few minutes and preparing for the next day, I head off problems and insure I am empowdered and in control. I am fortunate that at work I have a place for my applesauce, nuts, protein bars, tuna in pouch, and a frig where I keep my milk, lite mayo, SF jello and pudding. Sure I may miss my caffeine free diet coke, but that is about it. I choose to any drink water, lots of it, the special milk, and the lite Tropicana OJ. So all in all Monica is a very happy women. People notice my efforts and comment on my weight loss. I have a smile on always, and a lighter step. I can move around so much better now. I can walk without losing my breath. I can make love with abandon and increased pleasures. My DH tells me daily how proud he is of me. He is so pleased that I am getting healthier and that as a bonus I am looking better each day to. I love it when he gets up in the morning before I leave for work and tells me how beautiful I look. I will need new clothes soon. I have few smaller sizes hanging around. So I will hit the discount shops and a local Salvation Army for some hand me ups. Even my shoe size is smaller and that is so very nice. I still purchase my shoes at Zappos.com, but I can get them less wide and a whole sizer smaller. Hurrah for me. I am loving life. Monica 12/06/04 330/274????
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 2:09 am - haverhill, MA
Congrats Monica. Keep up the good work.
Jan B
on 3/16/05 8:15 am - Rehoboth, MA
Love to hear such great news. Way to go Monica!!! Jan B
Jenna B.
on 3/18/05 6:50 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Glad to hear all is going so well ~ Great new photo by the way! Hugs, Jenna
lmt516
on 3/18/05 8:48 am - Brant Rock, MA
Good for you! It is wonderful isn't it. I thank god every day for this surgery. I have no doubt it has extended my life. And I feel great. I started about the same as you and a couple weeks before you and am now down 79lbs since surgery. It will be amazing when you crack 250, I felt like crying. Keep it up, you are doing great!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views