Working Out At Home

Jenna B.
on 3/13/05 3:58 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Everyone I know I'm going to sound like a late night info-mercial but I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds work out at home after work and it has been awesome for me. I had bought the video tapes about 4 years ago and they were still in the shrink wrap up until about 4 weeks ago (bad Jenna) when I was trying to find an at home solution to exercising. The first work out is an intro 1 mile program that is about 18 minutes long, then you work your way up to the 2 mile tape that's about 30 minutes, and when your ready you move on to the 3 mile tape that's about 45 minutes long. It's walking (marching) in place with side kicks, arm exercises etc and it's low impact so your not killing yourself. You can also use hand weights if you want to kick it up a little. I work a full time job and I'm the mother of 2 small children (2 & 4). I do not have time to join a gym or an aerobic program after work because I need to pick up my kids by 4:30, get home, and make dinner etc. The weather has been miserable (as you all know) so going for a walk during my lunch hour has been nearly impossible. When I get home from work I throw dinner in the oven, do my work out, and then dinner is about ready. My husband comes home from work about 5:45 and and I'm feeling refreshed and ready to sit down with my family. I'm only about 6.5 pounds away from hitting the goal I had set with my surgeon for my 12-month follow up in May and I've been fighting tooth and nail to lose each and every ounce, I've been stuck at the same weight since December and I was really getting upset. Since I've started this work out about 4 weeks ago however, I've lost about 2.5 pounds and I've noticed things have really been toning up. I thought I would share in case anyone else was in the same situation as I am and was looking for something to do at home that was fairly simple and wasn't going to take up several hours of their time. Hugs, Jenna
Nana Holly
on 3/13/05 12:05 pm - Quincy, MA
Hi Jenna, I have all the tapes as well and used them two years ago when I was on one of my many, many diets. The tapes are really powerful and I used them for a year or so. I got up to doing the 4 mile walk and rarely missed a day. I will be having weight loss surgery on April 5th and have just dusted off all the tapes. I belive I will start using them right now!!! Congratulations on getting so close to goal and sticking to your guns!!! Holly O.
CoolWaterMom
on 3/13/05 8:34 pm - Monument Beach, MA
Hi Jenna Thanks for the reminder I have them on DVD my daughter got them for me for Christmas to use post op. I forgot all about them. Going to start with them today thanks a bunch. Hugs Loretta
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/14/05 10:51 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Jenna, My mother gave me a bag of workout tapes. She has a bad foot and can't do them. Tonight, I pawed through and saw I have NEW Walk away the pounds videos. I purchased weights a few weeks ago--hoping to start. I am going to take your suggestion and start these videos--tomorrow night! Thanks for sharing--you just gave me the nudge I needed! Joan F.
zozomama
on 3/20/05 9:34 am - Metro West area, MA
Hi Joan, Let me know what you think of the Walk Away the Pounds video. My sister swears by it. I use the treadmill each morning, so I'm curious about how marching in place could be more beneficial. Anything to keep me interested in exercising (which I actually love, but hate that I have to do it all indoors - can go outside on the weekends when my spouse is home in the mornings - once the ice is gone and i can't wait!) Jennifer
Caeli B.
on 3/21/05 10:10 pm - Boston, MA
I just got the dvds and I LOVE them! I find them more fun than a treadmill personally but I also love variety (I still go to Curves 3-5x a week and have just added this in for extra cardio). Caeli
sunneegirl
on 3/14/05 11:57 pm - Whitinsville, MA
Hi Jenna! 'member me??? Looks as though you're doing wonderfully! Keep up the awesome work!!! Paula 250/156/135
Luann S.
on 3/16/05 6:53 am - Randolph, MA
I have these on DVD and you've inspired me to start using them! Maybe we can all keep posted on this topic and cheer each other on! Keep up the good work! Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views