prepaired

~*Ellen H.
on 3/12/05 12:26 pm - Western, MA
Hey Guys, I just finished the final approval step for my surgery and I am SO excited! I am not going to have the surgery until the end of may, but I know this is going to come up on me much faster than probibly anything else in my life ever has. My question is, do you all have any suggestions about things I could have at the hospital with me or things to have waiting at home. I want to be as comfortable as possible and who knows better than people who have been through it?!? Like I said, any advice would be awesome! ~Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/05 8:51 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Ellen, I did not go through Dr Kaspar for my surgery....so I don't know exactly what the post op nutrtion program is with him. I really just wanted to wish you well with your surgery and recovery. What a great time in your life to be taking this step! Good luck
MAURA F.
on 3/12/05 11:50 pm - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Congrats Ellen I know what you mean. I just got approved and my surgery is not til June 15th. I also needed time to make sure I have everything ready including me. I also found out I have to get a CPAP mask for sleep apnea. All these little things that pop up. Like you I have my list of what I need afterwards and even what I may need in the hospital. The only thing I need to look into is a recliner. I know its not absolutely needed, but if it helps afterwards..........why not. Also I can see how I shrink in to it. LOL. Best of Luck with your surgery and recovery. Spring...................A new beginning! Maura
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/05 1:30 am - haverhill, MA
Maura, I love your comment about the recliner and shrinking into it. That is one of the things I really enjoy....having extra room in a chair. Sometimes my 65 pound dog shares our easy chair in the living room with me! He never could have fit before my surgery!
diane F.
on 3/13/05 12:00 pm - salem, MA
Hi Ellen . best wishes on your upcoming surgery I am 4 weeks post op and some advice I would give you before the surgery is to do a liquid fast for at least a week before hand it helps to be all cleaned out before you go in. Less trips to teh bathroom. It also shrinks your liver if you are getting this done laproscopically. What helped me in the hospital was a small fan because I get hot, and some chapstick . I also opted for my own room to ease the anxiety It costs a bit more but It made it easier for me personally because my husband got to sleep on a cot in the room with me. As far as what you need when you get home ....chewable vitamins, protein shakes, bottled water with the sports cap helps me not drink too fast. Hope it helps... Remember this is a big change in your life it's ok to cry, to ***** to do a lot of resting without guilt. Get a lot of support from those around you and from a group. good luck again -D
~*Ellen H.
on 3/13/05 12:15 pm - Western, MA
Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to the surgeons tomorrow and I hope to get a difinitive date set. I am so excited, I jsut want it to be here! Wish me luck tomorrow... ~ Ellen
Nana Holly
on 3/13/05 12:18 pm - Quincy, MA
Congratulations Ellen!!! I am scheduled for the surgery on April 5th and I think I have gotten everything I need (except slippers for the hospital). My nutritionist also suggested that I get the strips of listerine for right after the surgery when your lips and mouth are so dry and your breath...she said I could just put them between my lips and it would get that yukky taste out of there for awhile. So far I have chap stick, the listerine strips, chewable vitamins, caltrate chewables, my own pillow and me. I also am looking forward to having more room in my recliner so my grandson and I can share it for reading time. Life will be so sweet!!! Good luck. Holly O.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views