Moving Along!!

DC
on 3/10/05 10:55 pm - Orange, MA
Hey everyone. Well things have started to move for me. I had my medical intake at Umass with Dr. Gitkind. Official weight 391# 5' 8.5" lost a 1/2 inch?? I have an appointment with behavioral medicine on Friday 3/18 to start that ball rolling. Next the exercise program people will call to start my group sessions there. I have arranged a consult with the pulmonary medicine division as the doctor thinks I may have sleep apnea. So I anticipate a sleep study coming up. Man it seems like when your researching things that it will take forever but once the ball starts rolling you get bombarded daily with new appointments. I have lost about 8 pounds since I started posting and feel like I can really kick in with my presurgary loss now that I have my official start weight. I got my pics posted and can't wait until I can show my after!! The doctor thinks it will be about 5 months until surgery but I see from others here that Umass often takes longer. To every one who has posted in the past few days about there success let me say congrats to you all at once. You are all truly an inspiration. Later DC
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/11/05 5:50 am - Winchendon, MA
You are well on the road to a melting experience. The Umass road seems long but it well worth it. I wish you the best of luck. Dawn -119
emme819
on 3/11/05 8:32 am - Worcester, MA
Hi David - I went to my orientation meetings at UMass in July, and my surgery is Wed 3/16. I also had a sleep study done with Dr. Davis and I do have sleep apnea. It does take some time to get through the program, but they're thorough and you'll be well prepared, I think. The process keeps moving and you'll be through it before you know it. Good luck! Mary Ellen
Luann S.
on 3/11/05 10:18 pm - Randolph, MA
Good luck David! It sounds like you have a great attitude and the time will just fly by! Luann
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/05 11:15 pm - haverhill, MA
Sounds like you are on your way! Good luck and keep up the good work.
mrstmc1958
on 3/11/05 11:33 pm - Worcester County, MA
David, Best of luck to you! With your positive attitude you will do wonderful! Autumn
MAURA F.
on 3/12/05 1:18 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Hi David, You have a greta attitude. I had one but need to work on it. I'm glad I read your post......its helping me. My surgery is sceduled for Jjune 15th....I can hardly wait. I have sleep apena too. I had to go Monday for another sleep study and be fitted for a CPAP. Good Luck. Keep up that Great Attitiude !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views