can any one answer a question for me....

CATHYSDAN
on 3/10/05 1:30 am - three rivers, MA
I was told I needed to talk to someone to help with stress etc.. well, I am seeing a therapist weekly and love it. I feel I am doing so so much better and the therapist thinks I am better. my problem is I don't go back to see the wls psych until june, but I would like to see her sooner so hopefully I can get a date sooner. should I have my therapist call the psych dr @ wls and talk to her? I truly do feel I am much better and I really do know that I have been an emotional eater and I am so much aware of that now and have changed things I do. I have done everything else they have asked me to, IE: no liquids with meals,lots of h2o, smaller bites, chewing more, eating more frequently, I use a timer to remind me when it is time to eat something as i can go all day and then open up the dam gates and watch out!!!! but that is so much better also. my husband is such a good help, he is constantly reminding me if I seem to slip. anyway I just feel that I am ready to have this surgery and I don't want to appear too eager but i also don't want to wait till june and then end of the summer, to even get a date. so do you think it would be ok to ask the therapist to call the psych before I go on the 25th for my Dr & nutritionist appt? Thanks for your help.
Vivid
on 3/10/05 2:29 am - Western, MA
Cathy, I am sure there was a reason your psych asked you to come back in June, perhaps to get 6 months of therapy in? You should be seeing your therapist (for whatever issues) for at least 12 weeks before they could be able to judge your progress and probably longer if you have a serious problem. Don't try to rush these things - this is important work and will determine whether your surgery will succeed or fail. 267/239/170 29% to GOAL
CATHYSDAN
on 3/10/05 7:28 am - three rivers, MA
Thanks Joann, your probably right, I guess I am just so anxious to have the surgery. I appreciate your feed back. thanks, cathy
~*Ellen H.
on 3/10/05 12:03 pm - Western, MA
If you really want to see what the doctor thinks, tlak to them when you go on the 25th...they may talk to e/o and decide to re-evaluate you sooner. But, also, I wouldnt get all my hopes up ya know? They are going to do what they think is best for you. The surgery will be soooo much more effective for you if you let the therapy take its course.
marypoco
on 3/11/05 6:59 am - amherst, MA
Cathy, I too had alittle Physh problems. they wanted to meet my husband first before she would allow me to have surgery. She felt I wouldn't have the support at home I also had to wait 6 months before any "movement" towards surgery because I didn't have a doctor supervised diet. so I had to go to a nurtritionist for 6 months of supervision.yah da yah da....... well to make a long story short.. I did finally get approval from the physh! I did go through my 6 months supervised diet..... and I am now post op 9 months already.. you'll be surprised how quickly time will go by and you'll soon be on the loosing side also. Don't get frustrated and don't give up. Everything worth doing is worth the time it takes. Don't let it get the better of you. and GOOD LUCK!!! ~ Mary 268/260/161/150??? someday......
BrendaHeath
on 3/11/05 9:08 am - Winchendon, MA
The reason they keep the appts so far apart is so that you can prepare in the meantime. Take this time to truly adjust. Don't rush into this. It is a big lifestyle change, and they are taking this time to help you prepare for it. It took me 14 months from start to finish, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It gave me the time to really think about what I was doing. Don't rush things! Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views