Looking for a support group

happylady
on 3/9/05 11:45 am - west wareham, MA
Today is my first day on the web site and I have learned so much. It almost feels like your all one big happy family. I'm just getting started with searching for a surgeon. I keep hearing that I should go to a support group but I dont know where to go. I live in Wareham, work in Pembroke and I get to the taunton area alot. Does anyone know of any? Help PLEASE.
Julie H.
on 3/9/05 10:13 pm - Georgetown, MA
Welcome to the group Jolene, There happens to be a Pre-surgical support meeting on Monday , March 14th at 5:30pm at Mass General Hospital in the East Garden Room at the Hospital. It is run by the MGH Weight Center, there is a nutritionist, doctor and surgeons there to answer questions. The meeting lasts for one hour and there are usually post surgical patients that speak at the end and answer questions. My husband and I both had our surgeries there and we go to most of the meetings. Good luck with your choices of where you go and in journey. Julie Hopkins
Jan B
on 3/10/05 1:23 am - Rehoboth, MA
There is a small informal support group that meets on the forth Tuesday of the month at Morton Hospital in Taunton. It is at 6pm in the cafeteria annex. Email me and I will forward the coordinators email to you. Jan B
maurat
on 3/10/05 4:10 am - Bourne, MA
Hi Jolene, Dr. Kruger does gastric bypass at Tobey Hospital. He has a seminar once at month at Tobey, I believe it is the first Monday of the month. The seminar was very informative. You can call his office for more info 508-295-3900. He did my surgery on 2/15. The process with his team takes about 3 months. I attended the seminar in November and met with Dr. Kruger in December. He has a wonderful team of psychiatrists, nutritionist, even the bariatric nurse that takes care of you while you are in the hospital. Everyone was absolutely wonderful and supportive! There is a post-surgery support group once a month at Tobey. Good luck in your journey! Maura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views