? about itching .....

Lisa B.
on 3/8/05 2:58 am - West Yarmouth, MA
i had my suegery in january i had rny laproscopic ,My ? is i have lost almost 60 lbs and my stomach is alway's itchy is this from losing the weight , .Just wondering if this is common and no it dosen't just itch around the incision just all around . thanks , Lisa
Luann S.
on 3/8/05 7:01 am - Randolph, MA
I had a terrible problem with itching for several weeks after my surgery. They never figured out what it was, but it seemed to lessen as I advanced my diet. I think it could be lack of fat in the diet-can make your skin dry and even itchier in the cold weather with the dry heat on! Try some plain oil (unscented, no petroleum, like corn or olive in a small amount on your skin and see if it helps. Good luck! Luann
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 10:23 am - haverhill, MA
I found that I was much itchier all over. I think it is dry skin. I never had a problem with it before surgery, but now.....eeeeek. Combine our new lower fat post op diets with the cold weather and you have a recipe for itchiness!
Jenna B.
on 3/13/05 4:11 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi there Just my $0.02 on the subject - I had chronic eczema pre surgery so I was super dry and itchy after I started dropping a lot of weight. The thing that always made my skin feel better was taking a bath in Sea Salts at least every other week and using a moisturizer daily after my shower. Also try using a glycerin soap instead of the regular soaps, glycerin soap is made with vegetable oils instead of animal fat so it's a little less harsh on the skin. Hope that helps Jenna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views