Plateaus!!

lmt516
on 3/8/05 2:12 am - Brant Rock, MA
I have reached yet another plateau and it is just driving me nuts. I know this one is may be my fault, I am not drinking my water like a should. I am on water overload, sometimes it just gets to you. I have lost 76 since 11/23/04 and 102 altogether but I have been stuck at the same level for almost a week. How long do these usually last? I am trying to change my eating times around and make sure to drop some carbs I had added back in but it is hard. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
Nana Holly
on 3/8/05 7:14 am - Quincy, MA
Although I have not had my surgery yet, I have dieted in the past and therefore feel I may be of some help. Lots of times you body needs time to catch up. Your need to jumpstart your body and maybe exercise is a key factor. Are you working out or walking? I read on the main message board that sometimes you need to mix up your exercise. If you are only walking, try weight lifting as well. Maybe every other day. The last time I lost weight I did most of my exercise with the Leslie Sansone exercise videos. They gave me both a lower body and upper body workout. Maybe that's something you could try. You could also or And as much as you are on a water overload, it is magical stuff and it stirs up your metabolism. Good luck, hope some of this helps. My surgery is April 5th. I'm sure I will be looking for answers. Holly O.
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 10:44 am - MA
Lisa- A plateau is generally longer than a week... you're probably just re-adjusting. Just wait, it gets better, .... I'm on several months of maintaining/plateauing with a few teeny losses. Months. It's awful. How are you eating lately? B e t h _______________________________________ when it rains it pours and opens doors and floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry -train ________________________________________ HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 149 GWR- 114/151 Journal- http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ Pix- http://community.webshots.com/user/msooyl Email- [email protected] IM- bethlbutterfly
lmt516
on 3/9/05 9:46 pm - Brant Rock, MA
Thanks Beth, I was in panic mode thinking I have stopped losing. Every time I stall for a day or 2 I think "Is that it?" Nice to know this is just a temporary thing. Boy do I exercise. I run every day approx 45 min on the TM, I alternate 3 min of run with 5 min of walking, hoping to do the marathon in Disney next January. I also do Nautilus every other day, and swim a couple of times a week. It is just frustrating to be so close to 100lbs post surgery and stall. I will earn patience and stop feeling sorry for myself. I have dropped another pants size - from a 28W to a 20W, so I should be thrilled with that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views