soda?

seachelley80
on 3/2/05 7:32 am - gloucester, MA
is there anyone out there who drinks soda, b/c i would kill for a coca cola-anyone have any feedback!
Lisa B.
on 3/2/05 8:19 am - Blandford, MA
yes, i drink soda....my surgeon allows this. Mkae sure it is diet coke due to sugar. I drink it slowly and i'm fine.\ Lisa
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/2/05 9:25 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi --I had lap band and I have diet coke. I flatten it first by putting a few grains of salt and mixing it with a fork. I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning--and I do drink my 60 or so ounces of crystal light. Enjoy your diet coke---there's nothing like it ! Joan F.
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/3/05 1:55 am - Winchendon, MA
I tried once and won't do again. It made me feel aweful for hours. Its was like I could feel every bubble travel thru my body. Dawn -119
Julie H.
on 3/3/05 8:42 am - Georgetown, MA
DO NOT DRINK SODA! My husband has had the surgery twice now, he is the biggest diet pepsi addict you will find. The soda will dehydrate you and it stretch your pouch out. He has a much larger pouch due to distention from all the soda he was drinking- a six pack of 24 ounce bottles a day. What nutrionist or doctor in their right frame of mind would tell you to drink soda at all. When he gave it up this past January he lost 23 lbs in one entire month. Just go with water, crystal light, juices, decafe tea/coffee. That should be plenty of variety for anybody. Good luck Michelle. Julie
maurat
on 3/4/05 3:34 am - Bourne, MA
I agree with Julie. I was told absolutely never to have carbonated drinks again because they cause dehydration, make you hungry, and most important... stretches the pouch. I was addicted to Diet Pepsi. When I started my pre-surgery diet I switched to caffeine free diet pepsi. I do miss the taste, but I've switched that for Fruit 20. Maura
lmanning2004
on 3/4/05 12:06 pm - Boston, MA
can someone tell me why you can't or shouldn't drink soda with the band? Is that a personal preference or is it a fact that you shouldn't drink it. Are there any more restrictions with food with the band? I am thinking of getting the band or rny.
lmt516
on 3/5/05 1:42 am - Brant Rock, MA
I woudl avoid it. I tried some Fresca and Diet Sunkist like others it made me feel distended. I also had terrible gas pains after.
goosiesmom
on 3/10/05 10:44 am - weymouth, MA
I spent about 6 months or so soda free(Killed me) I loved saoda! Mostly because I was sooo thirsty and I could only drink about half a sip. Well now that it has been almost 6 years I do drink soda. Here is how it works: the smaller the container the more carbonation. Such as a can of soda being the worst, then a 12 or 16 oz bottle, then a two liter having the least. But fountain soda is the very least carbonated, I love it and drink a medium from D&D about 3 times a week. I also drink REGULAR Pepsi if you can imagine, not diet and not decaff. I never did follow the rules. I definately recomend trying to live without it because soda all by it self can make and keep you quite chunky! It is very, very bad and takes up alot of room (which we can hardly afford LOL) Good luck in whatever you decide! Have a nice day! Tracie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views