2 weeks post op

seachelley80
on 2/26/05 5:26 am - gloucester, MA
can someone give me a sample of a day of meals that they consumed 2 weeks post op??
BrendaHeath
on 2/26/05 6:55 am - Winchendon, MA
I was on liquids for the first 6 weeks. As soon as I introduced soft foods, at ate and egg in the morning, then some yogurt for a snack, then I would have some soup in the afternoon, and then I would eat something like fish, and a couple tbls...of mashed potato. Hope this helps. Take small bites and chew chew chew. I drank milk in between my meals. Brenda
diane F.
on 3/1/05 12:02 pm - salem, MA
I am 2 weeks post op with the same problem could you pleasae tell me how things went for you?
seachelley80
on 3/2/05 2:44 am - gloucester, MA
THINGS HAVE BEEN HARD B/C I AM HUNGRY BUT I CANNOT EAT ALOT. LIKE I HAD SOME DELI TURKEY MEAT AND I ATE A FEW SLICES AND THE FULLNESS MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK, MAJOR CHEST PAIN. I THINK MY BODY IS NOT KNOWING WHEN IT IS FULL OR SOMETHING. I CRAVE BAD STUFF LIKE BURGERS AND BREAD, THIS IS VERY HARD!!
Julie H.
on 3/3/05 8:51 am - Georgetown, MA
Hi Michelle, You just need to take really small bites and chew really well. If deli meat is doing that to you you should definatly avoid bread- it will literally get stuck before it even enters your pouch. When you say a few slices, how many is that? You fullness should register from your head- you need to train yourself to stop eating, not eat till you are full. It will take some time to change your habits, but it will be worth it. It will take you much longer to eat than before, patience is another thing we learn as post-surgical patients. Just take your time. I found at times and I still do at 19 months out to just push my food away and go back and try again 15 minutes later. If things still don't work out, I switch to cottage cheese or some sugar free pudding or jello. Sometimes you need a "coating" in your new stomach before you can eat what you really want. Oatmeal is always good fiber and protein and filling too. If you really feel you must have bread. Just toast up one slice and try that. I make all my mini sandwhiches out of the party rye breads you find in the deli section. They are small and perfect with egg salad. I just use two slices with a tsp of egg salad on each. You will soon find foods you can tolerate and mealtime will be much easier. Remember most of all, it didn't take you two weeks to learn how to eat food and get obese. It will take longer than that to "learn" how to eat again , and in smaller portions to get healthy. Best of luck to you Julie Georgetown, ma
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views