New - UMass

Tina L.
on 2/25/05 10:06 am - MA
Hi, I am in the process of eventually having WLS, I am going to UMass. I have been to the medical intake and will be going to the behavior intake next week. Have any of you went to umass? Who was your surgeon? How was the experience? Any information is valuable and appreciated. Thanks Tina
emme819
on 2/25/05 11:57 am - Worcester, MA
Hi Tina - I'm going through UMass also. My surgery is scheduled 3/16/05 with Dr. Kelly. I liked the process alot,t hough I think some of it is a bit too long. But I got a lot of good information through the process and I think it will be great in the long run. There is a yahoo support group for people going through the UMass program. If you want the address, email me and I'll be glad to send it to you. Oh, and I suspect you're interested in this as I know I was in the beginning. I started the process last July when I went to the 2 orientation meetings. I had my first behavioral appt in September, so it was really about 6 months for me start to finish after the orientation meetings. Good luck and feel free to email anytime! Take care. Mary Ellen
BrendaHeath
on 2/25/05 12:09 pm - Winchendon, MA
Tina, I went to Umass. I had Dr. Kelly. He is the surgeon that has taught the other surgeons how to do the the surgeries. I absolutely loved him. I am actually going for my six month follow up on March 3. I had my surgery on August 9th, 2004...I have lost 120 pounds so far. I was very nervous about the surgery, but I am so glad that I went through with it. If you have any questions email me. Good luck with your journey. Brenda
DC
on 2/25/05 3:03 pm - Orange, MA
Tina, I have only just begun the process. I have gone to both orientations and am awaiting my intake. Good luck. Dave
emme819
on 2/26/05 5:44 am - Worcester, MA
Good luck Dave! The process can seem a little long, but I think it's well worth it. My surgery is on 3/16/05 with Dr. Kelly. I saw Dr. Gitkind in September, so it's been about 6 months for me. Email me if you want the address to the UMass yahoo support group. Take care. Mary Ellen
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/3/05 2:07 am - Winchendon, MA
I went thru u-mass and everything turned out great. The whole process back then took 14 months. I understand now they are trying to get you in in about 9 months. It is worth it - to listen and understand everything. My surgeon was Dr. Czerniach and I loved him. My mother had Dr. Pierigini and was also good. I feel any Dr. under the staff of Dr. Kelly will be great. Good luck and best wishes. Dawn -119
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views