Anyone NOT gone for a sleep study?

issy2you
on 2/24/05 8:50 am - winthrop, MA
I've heard and keep reading how important having a sleep study befor WLS surgery is. Has anyone NOT had a sleep study? My aunt had her WLS with a VERY good doctor and she says she never had to go for one. She also has many other health issues and still came out of surgery with no complications. I'm hoping to have the sleep study done....just to be on the safe side.....Thanx in advance for any info.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 2/24/05 10:18 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Izzy--I didn't have the sleep study. I didn't have sleep apnea or any of the symptoms prior to surgery. They test if you have the symptoms. Joan F.
~*Ellen H.
on 2/25/05 9:23 am - Western, MA
I am not going to have a sleep study done either, I have no symptoms and my doctor does not think it is nessicary. Good luck, Ellen
Olivia's M.
on 2/25/05 10:01 am - Newburyport, MA
I had surgery on 1/19 and I never had a sleep study. They wouldn't order a sleep study unless you've given them information that leads them to believe you may have apnea.
sharons_ma
on 2/26/05 1:00 am - Boston, MA
Issy, I didn't have a sleep study. Luckily I have had no issues with sleep apnea. My surgery went fine. - Sharon
Nana Holly
on 2/26/05 1:53 am - Quincy, MA
When I spoke with my surgeon, who is also a very good doctor and has done tons of these surgeries, he asked me questions pertaining to sleep apnea, he made the decision that I did not have to have the ssleep tudy done as I appartently did not exhibit any of the symptoms pertaining to it. I am scheduled to have my surgery on April 5th. I hope this was the right decision, but I feel pretty confident that if Dr. Hess feels it is not necessary, it must not be. My sister, who had her surgery in Florida, also did not have the study done and she sailed right through her surgery as well. Good luck on the study if you should decide to do it. Holly
lmt516
on 2/27/05 8:13 am - Brant Rock, MA
ANother one with no sleep study. Like others I was asked the questions but had no problems with apnea so there was no need.
debbie3855
on 2/27/05 11:21 am - Havehill, MA
I didn't go for a sleep study. My surgery is scheduled for March 11.
slow and steady
on 3/1/05 2:33 am - MA
Hi, I know your question was if anyone did not, but I did and boy was it a Pain in the bottom.............. electrodes everywhere. Worst night of sleep I had. Theresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views