A little help please....?

Deb T.
on 2/22/05 11:16 pm - Western Mass, MA
I had my last appt with the nutrionist and doctor at Baystate on Feb. 11th and was told they would call me within two weeks with a surgery date. When will I be instructed on when to start the liquid diet, what to eat after surgery, what vitimins to take, protien drinks, etc.... I feel a little in the dark. Maybe I was suppose to ask all these questions? Any help would be appreciated ~Deb
Carole S.
on 2/23/05 1:19 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi Deb: I feel so bad for you. Your nutrionist and doctor should have discussed all of this with you before now. At this point, you should have had all of your questions answered and if you did not know enough to ask about these things. The nutrionist and doctor should have informed you about all of this without you having to ask. In addition, you should have been given written instructions concerning your diet while in the hospital as well as post-op. No one can be expected to remember all of this information in without written instructions to rely on. I think you need to call both your nutrionist and doctor and demand that you be given all of this information in writing as well as having another visit so that you can ask your questions. If they are not willing to do this, I would seriously consider having the surgery somewhere else. I have just received my surgery date and have had many opportunities to ask questions and receive answers. In addition, I have received everything in writing. I feel very confident that I will be getting the very best of care and that I know exactly what to expect. Good luck to you.
lmt516
on 2/27/05 8:17 am - Brant Rock, MA
I agree you need to get your answers now. I went through extensive nutrional counseling and was well aware of what was going to happen weeks before my date. Although I did not have to do a liquid diet before surgery, I did have to lose 25 lbs. I would call and ask for a meeting about all your questions. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views