Hernia repair/TT questions

kelli72
on 2/16/05 10:10 pm - ma
I was wondering if anyone can help me that is from Massachusetts with a few questions. I have Harvard Pilgrim and was wondering if anyone has had a herina repair/TT covered by this insurance co. Also wanted to speak with people who have had this done. I am a little over a yr out and have several hernias and the PS wants to do and "anchor" cut to get rid of excess skin and tighten all my muscles but we are waiting for insurance approval.
Lisa D.
on 2/16/05 10:31 pm - Stoneham, MA
Hello Kelli, I just had a hernia/TT on November 22,2004. I did not wait for insurance approval (Blue Cross). They paid for the hernia and I had to kick in $4600.00 for the TT and pubic lift. I had at that time, lost 175# in eight months so I had a HUGE Roll. My bypass surgeon did the operation. Now let me be honest. It was a lot more painfull than the bypass. It knocked the heck out of me for two weeks but once the drain tubes came out I started the up swing. I am just starting to get my stamina back and began back at the gym the first of the year. I journaled a little about the process on my website if you want to check it out. Also feel free to email me with any questions that you may have. Would be more than happy to help you. Good luck Lisa open 2/11/04 TT/Hernia 11/22/04 456/254/ hoping for 180
Cindy M.
on 2/17/05 12:50 am - Franklin, MA
Hi Kelly ... Congrats on your loss....I haven't dealt with this yet as I am actually having my surgery this March 25th - but my best friend had it done a 8 years ago ... she has had 3 hernia operations - at the last one her surgeon put thru the paperwork to cover "extensive" repair due to "multiple hernia operations" (that wasn't a lie) but it gave him the "extra" time he needed to do the tummy tuck on the side so to speak. He never billed for the tummy tuck and he also did some lyposuction for her (her stomach was really big). I guess because she had already had 2 hernia operations he felt this 3rd one was going to require more work so he didn't have a problem doing the tummy tuck and billing it all under extensive hernia repair. That may not be legal - who am I to say - but as far as I'm concerned we pay so much for insurance that if you need a TT after gasstric bypass they should cover it! (She lives in Illinois not Mass.). Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views