Surgery Date at UMass

emme819
on 2/15/05 12:32 pm - Worcester, MA
I got my surgery date for March 16. I am using Dr. John Kelly at UMass, and have been really impressed with that program (just in case anyone is looking for a very good, thorough program!). I started this process in July and am thrilled my date is finally here, though I am glad the program is so thorough and makes sure you are completely prepared for the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/05 7:57 pm - haverhill, MA
Congratulations on the surgery date. It is coming up quickly....though probably not quickly enough for you!
SteveApril45
on 2/17/05 8:49 am - frostburg, MD
Dr Kelly is the best.I had wls on dec 1 2003.My starting weight was 565lbs and now I weigh 315lbs and I owe Dr Kelly my life because he gave it back to me....steve c
emme819
on 2/17/05 9:44 am - Worcester, MA
I am really confident in him, and I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing! Do you go to the support groups there? Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime. Mary Ellen
Karen A.
on 2/17/05 12:15 pm - Shrewsbury, MA
I just wanted to wish you well...good luck with your surgery! I had Dr. Kelly for my surgery (April '04) . I had a LAP BAND and am doing very well. It takes time, don't try to rush the process! I still go to couseling with Dr. Kaplan which is so important. There are also alot of good books to read. I have suggestions if you want more information. Good luck. Karen
emme819
on 2/17/05 12:25 pm - Worcester, MA
Dr. Kaplan was my person through behavior, and while I have my own therapist, I won't hesitate to call Marjy if I even think I might have a need. And I'll take any book suggestions you want to make. I intend to do this right for once! Thanks alot! Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views