bloody insurance questions

marathon M.
on 2/14/05 2:45 am - milford, MA
I am trying to schedule the lap band surgery but I am running into a HUGE problem...I have the insensitive CIGNA insurance...It is through my husband. Has anyone picked up their own insurance for this surgery. which one was the easiest.. do I need to drop cigna? Is this short term ? what was the waiting period..I have waited 35 yrs so I really dont want to wait too much more..I was planning on going to dr lauer...any suggestions would help...thanks...J
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 2/14/05 8:03 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hey JZ You might try to post this request on the main lap band board--there is more traffic over there. Best of Luck, Girlfriend! Joan F.
marathon M.
on 2/14/05 9:51 pm - milford, MA
I got the answers I needed..
Vivid
on 2/14/05 11:39 am - Western, MA
Hey JZ, BCBS of Mass covers it if your BMI is over 40 or if 35 and up with comorbidities (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc) They approved it for me in 3 days and have already paid the bill!
DivaGal
on 2/16/05 12:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
JZ Hi- I had CIGNA through My employment. I ended upchanging insurance carriers-to Harvard Pilgrim. We are now covered through my husband's business- he was looking for a new carrier anyway so we did a LOT of research and the lap band surgery became one of the requisites for us. CIGNA tried to refuse payment on an office viisit to the surgeon that occurred prior to 1/1/2005. I called and pointed out that I still had coverage -according to a call I placed to their own people- until midnight 12/31/2004. They are resubmitting the bill. what a pain!! I can only suggest that you ask your surgeons office which insurance carrier seems to have the best approach to WLS and that has no problem with the idea of better health for everyone. I hope this has been helpful. I still am rounding up clearance letters and test dates- no surgery date yet but soon I hope! I want to get on with being healthy!!! best of Luck, Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views