About insurance

Polly T.
on 2/10/05 10:44 am - Murphysboro,, IL
Does anyone have bcbs of massachusetts?
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 2/10/05 10:56 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Polly, I do--but there are many different types of BCross--and also each employer's plan can vary. If you are seeking if BC Mass will cover it--call the number on the back of your card and have them look up your specific plan. They will tell you Yea or Nea and what the requirements are. Also--they will give you a reference number for the conversation. Write it down. Also, should you go forward--BC of Mass handles the psych visit through Magellen. The number for that is on the back of the card under Psych. I was lucky--my employer's plan covered the surgery and the psych visit. Good Luck, and email if I can be of further assistance. Joan F.
slow and steady
on 2/10/05 8:52 pm - MA
Polly, I have BCBS Federal.... I will let you know.. So far I have been approved to see the MD. I see Dr Lautz on 2/17... I am a nervous wreck... Theresa
Vivid
on 2/10/05 9:26 pm - Western, MA
Polly, I have BCBS of Mass - HMO Blue product. They cover WLS with a 40 BMI or 35 BMI with comorbidities. I got approval for my band in 3 days.
Monica B.
on 2/11/05 2:52 am - Emery, SD
I have Federal BCBS PPO, the approval and coverage were fantastic. I am so very pleased with my entire experience. Thankfully I chose a surgeon who had great office support staff who knew just what needed to be submitted. The surgeon than sent me to a weight management group who helped me fulfill all that BCBS wanted so I qualified. Knowledgeable professional make all the difference. Remember, this is your body and your insurance coverage. Call the insurance and talk to a representative. Get their name and a confirmation number. Keep a file on all you do. The bottom line and the $$$ will fall on you alone if you do not insure that you are doing all the dance steps and are jumping through all the hoops. Carpe Diem and good luck, Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views