protien

amykic
on 2/2/05 10:55 am - spencer, MA
When did everyone start drinking protien drinks? Should I start trying them before surgery so I know which ones I like? What is everyones favorite? Please email me recipes so I can spice up the drinks. You guys have been sooo wonderful! Amy K [email protected]
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 2/2/05 11:08 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Amy, I think if you will be drinking Protein Drinks depends on the type of surgery you have. Lap Band doctors don't recommend them for they want you to eat traditional foods. You might need some for the post op stage, and for post-fill stages. I think RNY folk have more protein drinks in their program to get the # of protein in. I'm sure there is a RNYer reading that can clarify this for you. If you update your profile--readers can learn more about you and your procedure and will be able to offer better answers for you. Good Luck. Joan F.
Luann S.
on 2/3/05 9:28 am - Randolph, MA
I started before with an HMR hospital supervised shake program, but couldn't keep up with the 5 shakes a day so I still have a ton left. They are expensive, but I like them better than Carnation Instant Breakfast. I like the chocolate CIB the best, the vanilla just seems too sweet. I have just switched to Hood Carb countdown chocolate millk a couple of times a day, which has 12 gms of prot. It tastes good hot or cold and you don't have to worry about mixing or anything. I tried an Atkins strawberry shake (powder mixed with water) and thought it was awful! Luann LapRNY 9/14/05 -65 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views