New too :)

DC
on 2/1/05 11:58 pm - Orange, MA
Hello all I have posted a few time asking questions but thought I should introduce myself. I am a 33 year old married man. 11 years to my best friend Jenn . I live on Orange MA. I have 2 children Sabrina 13 and Josh 8. I have been large for my whole life. I am currently 400#. BMI (59). I have been researching WLS for a while but until the last month never decided to go for it. 3 years ago I lost 100+ pounds using the slim fast plan. and I thought I had things under control (Ya right) Like always I have gained back to 400 pounds. was 436 at highest. I work full time as a injection molding supervisor. I work 12 hour rotating shifts. I Decided to Do it this time because I was thinking about the risks and benefits and have always wavered when I think of my family. Who would take care of them?? But then I asked myself how many 400 pound men I knew? Then I asked myself how many 400 pound men reach age 50? So I have finally realized that I will not be here to take care of my family if I don't do this. Well just thought I should introduce myself to you all and say hello DC
Deb T.
on 2/2/05 1:06 am - Western Mass, MA
Hi David...... Congratulations on finally making the decision to be a thinner, healthier and happy person. I too am kinda new to this site. I started my journey on July 1st. I have my final appointment with Dr. Kuhn at Baystate Medical Center on Feb. 11th and then I get a surgery date. I know it seems like a long time, but it actually went by quick. I did a lot of reading and asking questions. World Eye Book store in Greenfield has some good books. This site is wonderful! I have learned a great deal from this group. They are a great bunch of people and they have a great wealth of knowledge and are always willing to share. Don't be afraid to ask. Keep in touch with your journey. Take care. Debbie in Greenfield, MA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views