New here and have a question...

issy2you
on 2/1/05 10:45 am - winthrop, MA
Hey all...I have a visit with my PCP tomorrow to get a ref for Dr. Randall. How exactly does all this work...I know I'll need to meet with a nutritionist and have a psych eval. but in what order does all this happen...I've been reading other peoples posts but I still can't quite figure out what comes first....any info would be good...thanx in advance! ~Issy
~*Ellen H.
on 2/1/05 12:34 pm - Western, MA
Its different depending on your doctor. I know with me, the order was not quite as important as the nutritional preperation.
Willi R.
on 2/11/05 5:58 pm - Erving, MA
I saw Dr. Randall and had my surgery with him last May. I was very fortunate to get an appt. within the month because I called just after someone else cancelled. Your first visit you spend about four hours there seeing the weight center doctor (not the surgeon), a nutritionist, a shrink and getting labs drawn. They did more blood tests than I had ever had for anything else, ever. VERY thorough! After this visit your team (the pros that you just saw) will do a team meeting on you and discuss your case. You will be scheduled an appt with the weight center physician in three to four weeks to discuss your options. It is there that they will tell you just what they think are your personal best options. Of course, they are open to negotiation. I was scheduled for my surgery about three months later. In the meantime you will have many appts at the weight center with the nutritionist, shrink, MD and of course, with Dr. Randall. I was surprised tonot have more visits with Dr. Randall but in reality, the team approach is very strong and supportive. I was very well cared for and have recovered quite nicely. There are days that I just forget that I have had surgery. I feel wonderful and quite frankly this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would be happy to e-mail with you if you would like to ask any questions. I don't check the board often anymore so that is probably the best way to get to me. Good luck, Willi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views