Cape and Islands?

Nicole L.
on 1/30/05 11:55 am - Nantucket, MA
Hello from Nantucket My name is Nicole, and I'm currently speaking with my PCP about Lap-Banding. Just curious if anyone has seen a surgeon in the Cape area, and if anyone has any experience with Harvard Pilgrim insurance. Any info would be WONDERFUL! -Nicole 310/295/155 Pre-Op: Lap-Band
Lisa B.
on 1/30/05 10:41 pm - West Yarmouth, MA
Hi nicole , I'am from the cape also but i do not know of a surgeon on the cape i had to have mine in Boston most PCP will referr you to boston.
Kattie T.
on 1/31/05 2:04 am - Bradford, MA
Nicole, I'm not from the cape but I do have Harvard Pilgrim Insurance. I do have to say that I can totally understand why they were voted as the best insurance. They really did good with my approval of WLS, I got it within a week of submitting. I had a doctor though that has a good relationship with them (which my sister who works with billing says makes a big diffrence) and had a fairly high BMI which helped along. My suggestion is make sure you have EVERYTHING in place before you submit and make sure you get refferals in place for psych, nutritionist, surgeon for about 1 year after the surgery as it can get a little difficult. Good luck to ya, 262/181/130
maurat
on 2/1/05 1:29 am - Bourne, MA
Nicole, I live on the Cape. Dr. Kruger, in Wareham will be performing my surgery - the RNY. I am not aware of any surgeons on the cape doing the Lap Band. I really recommend that you research the lap band. The weight loss isn't as significant as the RNY. In most cases the RNY is done laproscopicly (sp?) and this has much better results. From what I've been told, there are more long term problems with the band (corroding, small weight loss, and second surgery needs.) I have definitely found researching all the options worth it. Good luck in your journey! I hope you can find someone closer for you. I know it is very hard trying to get to Boston.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views