rentals

amykic
on 1/30/05 3:13 am - spencer, MA
Everyone is talking about renting recliners, shower chairs and rolling tables. Where would you rent stuff like this? Also, I was told that it is hard to clean yourself after you visit the toilet, is this true? Sorry if it is a gross question but I do not know who else to ask. Thank you Amy
Julie H.
on 1/30/05 8:27 am - Georgetown, MA
Hi Amy, I don't know where you would rent things like that, maybe a medical supply store Or a rent-a-center for the recliner. As for the toilet issue, if you had a hand held shower that would work. That is what I did at home. Or some baby wipes. If you have the drains left in that just makes the twisting and turning a bit difficult. Good luck. Julie
Monica B.
on 1/30/05 10:50 pm - Emery, SD
Amy, a medical supply house should have these items. Ask your surgeons office for some numbers to call. I ordered a hand held appliance from OH store to help clean my bottom. I brought it to the hospital with me as I knew I would not be able to bend or twist. I used it for a few weeks and was very pleased I had it. I would cover it with baby wipes and I felt clean after using the toilet. Visit the OH store or again ask your surgeons office for a lead. So very thankful I have had this surgery. Everyday is better than the one before. Monica
jessiem
on 2/5/05 10:48 am - Uxbridge, MA
honestly... I only slept in my recliner for 2 nights... and even those nights,I was back and forth from my bed... a few good pillows in your bed would probably be fine as long as you can sit up yourself. I went out and bought a recliner and now its basically under a mound of clothes after 2 months!!! As for your *ahem* other question... hehe... It was a little challenging wiping for the first 2 or 3 days then you really will loosen up and be about to.... reach! Also in the hospital, they gave me this really cool too to help wipe, but i never used it. occupational therapy gave it to me... you should ask for it! I think if your young and healthy (I dont know if you are) you will bounce back quick.. I know I did! I was up and around before I even left the hospital. This was much easier than my Csection was 3.5 years ago.... Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views