NEED SOME ADVICE

MAURA F.
on 1/29/05 1:54 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
I WAS WONDERING IF AFTER SURGERY.....DO YOU HAVE TO SLEEP ON A RECLINER? I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING ONE. SHOULD I?????? ANYONE HAD THIS ISSUE????? MY SURGERY IS GOING TO BE OPEN, I HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT SLEEPING IN MY BED
John S.
on 1/29/05 4:33 am - Carver, MA
I didnt have open...had lap and I found the bed in the hospital which adjusted positions to be like a recliner was much more comfortable then my bed at home....I had my surgery on 1/19 amd am just now aqble to sleep on my side. I have heard of people who have rented recliners and who have had more success sleeping then those who dont. Good luck on your operation...may God be with you
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 1/29/05 5:00 am - 128 Belt, MA
Maura, also request a recliner chair for the hospital. The beds were terrible. Request one at check in, and keep reminding everyone! I had a friend *****nted a chair at home--she had lap band and only needed it for a week. But she was glad to use it for the week! Joan F.
Monica B.
on 1/29/05 5:09 am - Emery, SD
I had a great bariatric size bed while in the hospital and a recliner chair. When I got home I slept in the recliner we have and that helped me out for about 3 days. My hubby got me a wedge pillow for our bed and I was able to sleep using that in conjunction with my regular down pillow. I started sleeping in my bed the forth night home and it was so good. But I was very happy I had the recliner for those first few nights. Monica
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/05 8:59 am - haverhill, MA
I did not have a recliner. Sleeping in my own bed, though, would have been impossible. I slept on the couch with tons of pillows under , behind, beside me. I had the open surgery too. I am not sure if a recliner would have been helpful, but I would not count on sleeping in your own bed for a few weeks.
lmt516
on 1/29/05 9:50 pm - Brant Rock, MA
I slept in my bed with a large wedge pillow. Honestly if you have a comfy recliner that would work great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views