I need help

Nancy I.
on 1/28/05 11:57 am - worcester, MA
i am not sure what is wrong for the last 3 days i have been hungry non stop if it is not nailed down it is goin in from chocolate to chips to anything i am 8 months post op has this happened to anyone i would appreciate your input thanks so far i am down 85 lbs and dont want to start to gain it you guys are the best thanks nancy
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/05 9:28 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Nancy, Start a food diary today. Either by hand, or on one of those online sites (like fitday.com). Write down everything you eat...time....what you were doing when the urge hit you. There may be an underlying reason for your hunger....it may be physical or it may be emotional. At least, this is what works for me. It is a good way to examine your eating habits. make sure you are getting everything into your system that you should. It also helps you stay aware. The other thing I would tell you is to remember your reasons for putting your body through surgery. Make a list of all the things that you know will improve with weight loss. Include the things that are already improved. You need inspiration and motivation to stay on this journey. The longer post op you are.....the harder the job. Good luck
Jan B
on 1/29/05 12:27 am - Rehoboth, MA
Try to limit the carbohydrates and increase your protein. Chocolate and chips will cause your blood sugar to go up and when it drops some people get very hungry due to insulin resistance. Proteins help me keep my cravings in line. Jan
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/29/05 6:09 am - Winchendon, MA
You are not alone. I find I run totally hormonal, 2 days before my period I am ravenous. I just make sure to keep plenty of cheese, pepperoni, and nut snacks in the house. Also what has helped with my sweet attaches is making my own ice cream sandwiches. 1 tub cool whip, 1 box jello/or pudding mix together and put inbetween gram crackers. Store in freezer. Best of luck - the hungry horrors will pass. Dawn -117
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views