Happy women

Monica B.
on 1/26/05 11:17 pm - Emery, SD
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a happy women. I am so thankful for having this surgery. Down 38 pounds and I am feeling very much better already. Sure the arthritic knees still hurt, but not as bad. Sure I am having some issues with GERD and some throat hoarsness but it is also getting better. My diabetes is under control with less medicine and never gets too low. I have found a super protein drink, bars, and "treats" like sf pudding, jello, prepaged cheese sticks, laughing cow lite cheese, smart skim milk, rf triscuits and wheat thins. There are a few foods I do not tolerate, but on the whole, eating is OK. I am learning to eat slowly and chewing well. I am trying hard to follow what my weight loss doctors and nutritionist request, more calories (@1000 a day), more carbs at least 100 grms (of good carbs). Exercise has not happened to the level I need to help me reach my goals of a healthier life. I bought "Walk away the Pounds" on DVD since one of my puppies ate the video I had. This is a good, gentle beginners exercise program. I just have to do it, like the ad says. I cleaned out my closet of some clothes that are too big, yeah too big. This has not happened in a very long time. This time I am getting rid of the TOO big as there will be no going back to them. I am even hooking my bras tigher and the cups are not overflowing. Hurrah. People are noticing my weight loss and I smile so much my cheeks hurt. I was very vocal on letting my friends, family, and co-workers know what I decided to have done. I feel empowered and centered. I have decided to take back control of my life and again I am so very thankful. Just had to share my joy with all who have helped me on my journey. Monica
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/28/05 5:26 am - Winchendon, MA
GOOD FOR YOU !! Melting is a wonderful feeling. Best of luck. Dawn -117
cocalady
on 1/28/05 7:15 am - Northeast, CT
Monica, I was so glad to see your post!! You are doing fabulous!!! You certainly have alot to look forward to..I can't wait to be on the losing side too .... I finally have some preliminary tests scheduled and got the psych approval so I am on my way too. I hope to have a uneventful revision!! Laura
lmt516
on 1/28/05 8:23 am - Brant Rock, MA
I am so happy for you. Isn't it the best feeling. I had mine 11/23 and down 54lbs, and it has been life changing. As for exercise it will come. I too had a bad knee(injury) and since losing weight it hardly ever hurts and I can know do treadmill for 30 minutes pain free. So it will come. Good luck and keep doing what your doing!! Lisa 347/321/294/281/267
Steve *.
on 1/29/05 7:24 pm - MA
It's great to hear these happy success stories. I am not sure I will have the surgery but these stories make me realize maybe it's not as bad as I think??? Not sure yet.I am taking my last stab at doing it myself. So Monica, good luck with your NEW future I am sure your going to have a blast! Steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views