UMASS informational meeting

Karen W.
on 1/25/05 11:36 pm - Worcester, MA
Hello all, Does anyone know the date of the next informational meeting for pre-ops and post-ops at UMASS in Worcester? I talked to Gloria in Dr. Czerniaks office and she told me it was March 9th at 6:00P.M.. I thought they had monthly meetings and am wondering if there is a meeting in February. I really don't want to call her back unless I have to, so if anyone knows I'd appreciate it. I've been through the entire program and am basically waiting until August for my surgery because of some problems I had. Dr. Kantor in behavioral medicine suggested I attend the meetings until my surgery. Thanks, Karen
DC
on 1/27/05 9:04 am - Orange, MA
Karen, The next meeting is on feb. 9 at 6pm. I will be going for my first time. How long does it take to get through all the preliminary steps before you can schedule your surgery? Heres a link to the weight center web page which has the schedules. Hope everything goes OK for you and maybe my wife and I will see you at the meeting. Dave http://www.umassmemorial.org/ummhc/hospitals/med_center/services/weight-center/schedule.cfm
Karen W.
on 1/27/05 9:33 am - Worcester, MA
Hi Dave, When I went through the program the thing that took the longest was the wait for the first appointment with behavioral medicine. I had to wait about 6 months. It is my understanding that things are going much quicker now as they have more surgeons. Once you have your initial appointment, things move pretty rapidly. My problem is that I suffer from clinical depression and had a serious episode last August. They are requiring me to be "stable" for one year before undergoing surgery. I've already been through the whole program and met with my surgeon. I understand the wait though. They want to make sure I am emotionally prepared for this life altering procedure. I am trying to lose some weight on my own and attend some meetings while I'm waiting. Thanks for the info. Karen
DC
on 1/27/05 9:56 am - Orange, MA
Karen, Thanks for the info. I hope I can get through quickly. I want to get all the info but am the kind of person who has a hard time waiting once I decide to do something. I guess good things come to those who wait. I also am currently working on loosing some weight. 3 years ago I weighed 436# at 5'9". I got down to 336 with slim fast and walking in 12 months. Then I took a new job and the stress involved caused me to loose focus. Since then I have gained back up to 400. I'm tired of working that hard only to gain back when I am not 100% focused. I'm hoping that the WLS will give me the tool to make it stay. Dave
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/28/05 5:29 am - Winchendon, MA
The meetings are always the 2nd Wednesday of the month. I had Dr. C and he is wonderful. It is a long road to travel but it is well worth it. FYI my travel from meeting 1 to surgery was 14 months. Best of luck. Dawn -117
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views