question....am I approved??

debbie3855
on 1/21/05 2:33 pm - Havehill, MA
I have a question...If I am being sent for all the pre tests..am I more or less approved?? I have been given a date and I have gone for all of my pre testsing...with the exception of the psych eval and I go for that Monday....should I worry about the approval?? By the way my March 11 date is a definite.......My birthday is March 8 and then i have my surgery the 11th.....I am so excited!!!
Luann S.
on 1/22/05 1:34 am - Randolph, MA
I didn't consider myself approved until I got the letter from the insurance company! My surgeon would not give a date until all testing was completed and the approval received from the insurance company. I would ask for something in writing from your insurance. I have heard of people who had surgery delayed because the approval didn't happen by the date scheduled. Good luck! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -66 lbs
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 1/22/05 5:59 am - 128 Belt, MA
hi Debbie,I had Dr.Lautz,too. They have to do the tests to send to the insurance company. For me, it was the same--they set up all the tests and gave me a surgery date and I was all approved by insurance by the surgery date. If you are concerned with the insurance call or Email Eileen and ask her their experience with your insurance. She seems to have a handle on which insurances cover and which ones don't. Best of luck-Joan F.
Vivid
on 1/22/05 11:43 am - Western, MA
Do not assume anything Debbie, get the approval from the insurance company in writing. Call them directly to find out what is required. Have you even spoken to them to see if this is covered? Don't wait, you don't want any delays.
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/05 10:26 pm - haverhill, MA
If I remember correctly, that office is really good about knowing insurance companies. I would check with them if you have any questions at all. I never even had to deal with my insurance....they did it all. The approval letter came just a few days before my actual surgery date.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views