Come to the WLS Get together in April on the South Shore (Mass!)!

mbslife
on 1/19/05 4:01 am - Ashburnham, MA
Hi Everyone. I would like to clarify that the group coordinating this is purely WLS patients and all proceeds soley fund the event. This is not an ad, it's an invitation. My angel from another board asked me to post about a very fun event that we have coordinated for the last 2 years. We are so excited about the third! I can tell you from experience and having witnessed it, that NO ONE feels left out at these gatherings. Whether you come solo, bring a friend (WLS'er, bander, just support), significant other, you will be welcomed with open arms. Boston Gathering of Friends of WLS Friday, April 1, 2005 - Sunday, April 3, 2005 Adults Only Deadline for both the hotel and meal selection is March 12, 2005 This weekend is about connecting with people that can understand the journey we have taken and having some fun with fellow WLSers and support people. The cost of the hotel is $79.00/per night, this is per room. You can call the hotel to make your reservations at 1-800-325-3535 or (781) 848-0600 by March 12, 2005, or you can connect to the hotel via the following weblink: http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0410070129&key=8584E Sheraton Braintree Hotel 37 Forbes Road Braintree, MA 02184 (Exit 6 off Interstate 93/state Route 128 ) We have been very fortunate to secure the $79.00 room rate again this year. The hotel usually prices $199-$250 a night. There special rates start at $149. The hotel has a good size pool, hot tub and saunas. They also have a full gym (Braintree Athletic Club) they offer daily memberships at $7.00 a day. If nothing else, it's a great get away for the dreary end of winter... As a lot of us did at past gatherings, I recommend doubling, tripling and quadrupling up to offset the room price. Divided 4 ways that's 19.75 a night. Not too bad! Saturday during the day you will be free to go sightseeing in Boston or do whatever you like. There is a wonderful shopping mall across the street from the Hotel. It is a very reasonable car ride from PA, NJ, NY, CT, NH, VT, ME, MD, RI. You are not required to stay at the hotel, if you want to drive in for either of the nights or both, that is fine as well (price for just Friday night will need to be negotiated with planning team) Braintree is also on the T''s red line (the T is Boston's rapid transit). The red line is accessible to South Station (where Commuter Rail comes into from the South.) The Tara (as it's known in the area) will gladly pick you up from the Quincy Adams T station. Please feel free to bring your Significant Other, but children will not be allowed at the Friday night or Saturday night events. This is truly an adult event and everyone looks forward to the chance to get away and let their hair down. For sightseeing anyone from the area knows that the Boston area has a WEALTH of nearby attractions. In late March you're looking at doable weather for walking trips in Boston. Also historic Plymouth is only a 40 minute drive (the Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower are there) And Quincy, the next town over is historically rich as well. There will be people coordinating different trips and all will be welcome to sign up and come along. Here is a brief overview of the weekend festivities: Friday, April 1, 2005 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Mix and Mingle. This always starts out with people all around the room, looking like a Junior High dance, but by the end their isn't a frown to be found! We will have ice breaking games to help everyone make new friends. This is also where the picture boards for the weekend are unveiled. (You may submit a before and an after (or just one) picture to be included on the board - see Marie for details) Its so much fun to see how far we've all come. As we have every year, we'll also play the "How much have we lost?" game. In the past two years our total weight loss was in the 4 and 5 thousands! There will be light refreshments. 10:00 p.m.- 12:00 p.m. - Private Pool Party - You don't have to wear your suit, but you can if you want, because you will be among friends, friends who may be just as shy as you about your suit, but dying to hit the pool. We'll have the place to ourselves. Saturday, April 2, 2005 Spend the morning and afternoon however you choose. Sightsee by yourself, with old friends, with new friends, relax in the hot tub, go shopping ... whatever your heart desires! 5:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. - Dinner/Dancing, door prizes, speakers (to be announced) This is the chance to get all dressed up and have a blast. Dinner attire goes from Casual to formal ... you get to decide, and we all love it. A group picture is taken by support people, hotel staff and unwitting passers by for anyone with a camera. It's so much fun trying to coordinate that! Sunday, April 3, 2005 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Farewell Breakfast Here are the costs associated with the weekend. Registration Fee: $25.00 per person Saturday Night Dinner/Dance $30.00(4 oz.) for post ops $35.00 (8 oz.) for pre ops, support people, or if you just want more (I get a full meal b/c my hubby eats my left overs! Menu to be announced, but is always a beef and chicken choice. Breakfast on Sunday: $10.00 buffet in a private room for our group. This is a great cut rate on the hotels Sunday buffet. Total Cost: $65.00 4 oz meal and registration or $70.00 8 oz meal and registration (Breakfast is not mandatory) If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail Marie, my angel and the key coordinator at [email protected], or me at [email protected] Hope to see you all there!!!! Maribeth Planning board member, Friends of WLS
jfaria
on 1/20/05 1:51 pm - West Warwick, RI
Maribeth, You should definitely post this on the RI board - I bet you'll get a lot of interest. Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views