I wasn't gonna workout but

lmt516
on 1/16/05 12:10 am - Brant Rock, MA
after soming here and reading some great stuff, I am heading to the gym after work. This board is a great motivator for a newbie, to get my ass moving. thanks! 347/321/294/274
cinnponce
on 1/16/05 7:25 am - Seminole, FL
Lisa, I workout out every day and everyday I hate the thought until I start my workout. Then I feel revitalized. I see the exercise physiologist at NEMC and his program is great. I love seeing the results I am getting. Keep up the good work. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/05 7:38 am - MA
Speaking of Dr. Pino, I almost ran him over the other day with my car. He runs on my college campus pretty frequently, and I was on my way to the gym, waiting at a red light. Just as the light was turning green, this runner comes out in front of my car and I slammed on the brakes. I let him go and as he passed, I realized it was him. I'm pre-op and I'm amazed at the results that I'm getting by working with him -- I give him nearly all the credit for my progress. ~Jen
Luann S.
on 1/16/05 11:27 pm - Randolph, MA
Wow, you are so lucky to have access to an exercise physiologist! Years ago I worked with a great program in a cardiac prevention program and the exercise physiologists were great, but then insurance stopped paying for all but the most recent cardiac rehab patients so I couldn't afford to keep going and drifted away from exercise. Now that I have had the surgery and good weight loss I would love that structure to get me going again! I did work with a personal trainer at my gym before surgery but they guy was a 23 yo idiot! Does anyone elsehave a personal trainer or exercise physiology program they are working with? Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -65 lbs
lmt516
on 1/18/05 1:44 am - Brant Rock, MA
I don't have a personal trainer right now. I plan on using one once I have gotten down to 250, I figure at that point I need not only to burn fat but to tone more muscle. I am afraid of that since muscle does wiegh more than fat, I just hope that doesn't slow my weight loss. I actually haven't availed my self of Dr Pino, I used to be a big jock so I just went back to my old workouts. Well about 1/4 of my worlkout, I will slowly increase as time goes on.
cinnponce
on 1/18/05 7:04 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Luann, I had my surgery at NEMC and met with Dr Pino before the surgery to set up a fitness plan. He created a fitness plan that I could do at home without machines. After the surgery and approval from the docs, I took the plan to the Y near my house and they adapted it so I could do the workout on the machines. Dr Pino's lecture series was part of my pre-op program is also on the Board of the Greater Boston Y. I have a follow-up visit with him next Monday and at that time, we will be adjusting my program accordingly. He is really great to work with and so enthusiatic. If I did not have him, I'd probably pay a personal trainer to do a program for me. It makes such a big difference. If you can get a trainer who is aware of issues that overweight people face, I recommend it. You really feel alot better. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views