I need help!!!!!

Lisa B.
on 1/15/05 12:21 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Well im 2 weeks post op and already had to return to the hospital , They said i was eating to much or i should say rather drinking to many fluids .I was following Dr's orders i thought i was doing everything the right way .I'm feeling like a failure already like I've done something wrong I dont want to damage my pouch .I'm trying to get my 3-4 8oz cib in a day plus 64 oz water the ER DR i saw at home said that is way too much for 1 week post op. So i started the day with 3oz of water and 4oz cib that took about an hour to drink .How am i suppose to get all my water and cib in . THanks im so confused
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/05 3:09 am - haverhill, MA
Why were you in the ER? Were you in pain? Was the Er doc someone who is experienced with WLS? Just do your best with the water and CIB....Don't forget....the CIB is a liquid too. Sounds like you are really stressing about getting just the right amount of everything in.
Jenna B.
on 1/15/05 6:45 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi There My Dr. sent me home with a handful of medicine cups that hold one ounce (30cc). My instructions were to consume at least one ounce, and maximum of 4 ounces per hour. You need to sip slow. The reason for the low fluid intake is to not stretch the new pouch or to irritate the new incision. My fluid chart included things like sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello (which helps with the feeling of eating). I think the medicine cup is a good idea because you can really monitor your sipping. My instructions from the program was it should take 12-16 hours to drink 48-64 ounces of liquid. The other thing I found helpful was to write down my fluid intake on a peice of paper (even if it was hash marks on a scrap paper). Take your time and try to sip slowly. Where did you have your surgery? How are you feeling now?
cinnponce
on 1/15/05 11:24 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Lisa, They want you to get a total of 64 oz of FLUID. Not jus****er. I was not able to get in the 64 oz of fluid the first week or the second week. At that time, I preferred warm broth for my meals and sipped on water in between meals. Remember to include your other fluids in the 64 oz. Sue
lmt516
on 1/15/05 11:11 pm - Brant Rock, MA
I am 7 weeks post-op and I have had a terrible time with the water too. I think the little cup is a great idea, I sometimes fell so fluid overloaded it makes me sick. Like everyone has said the CIB is liquid, so count it. I learned this at 2 weeks when I complained to the nutrionist about the waterlogged feeling. Good luck - you will do great.
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/17/05 1:49 am - Winchendon, MA
In the beginning my diet consisted of 4 oz of liquid per hour. Alternating between CIB and broth, pops, juice, jello. Take it slow, but the most important is the CIB. Don't worry about the 64 oz of water at this point. It took me months before I could get it in in 1 day. Don't push - listen to your pouch. Dawn -117
Sherri S.
on 1/21/05 8:37 am - South Carver, MA
HI Lisa I am going to be really no help at all...I am pre-surgery I am just thankful you posted your problems so I can watch for the same complications! I hope you are better now! Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views