what else is there postop ?

Lisa B.
on 1/11/05 10:17 pm - West Yarmouth, MA
Hi ,All what else is there out there besides CIB ....that i can drink that has more protein everything i have found has too much fat Slim Fast carb is 9 grm of fat or more .Should i talked to the dr about protein powders .Im getting just about 3 CIB in a day .at 17 grms of protein .Any suggestions oh ya im 1 week post op . THanks , Lisa 320-295.. Oh ya and why does the bottom left incision spot hurt does it tak ethe longest to heal.? I mean it dosen't hurt alot just still hurts a little when the top when dosen't.
Jodi H.
on 1/11/05 11:25 pm - Amesbury, MA
I think that Dr. Phil has a shake out there that is good. Also--Trader Joes has a protien Powder and it is cheap like 4 or 5 bucks and it is loaded with protien and has less sugar in it that the CIB. They are good too! As far as the left side--YES!!!!!!!! Jodi
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/05 3:23 am - haverhill, MA
There are a few good protein drinks out there with low sugar or no sugar that are good protein sources. You do have to watch the fat in most of them. Met RX has one (the lite version) for 100 cals and 20 grams of protein. Unfortunately the taste preferences are all very idividual. Don't buy a whole bunch of anything. The protein in CIB can be boosted with the use of a couple of tablespoons of powdered egg white. Tasteless and will boost it a few more grams. We do not absorb more than 20 grams of protein at a time. Good luck
Monica B.
on 1/12/05 4:33 am - Emery, SD
I have found a wonderful product, Jay Robb's Whey protein powder. It is low in sugar and fat and gives 24 grams of protein. I mix it with water or smart skim milk (34 grms protein). It comes in vanilla or chocolate and I found it at my Whole Foods Market. Before this I could not stand the other protein drinks I had. My weight loss group want us to have at least 80-90 grams per day of protein and this powder helps me achieve the goal. Good luck Monica
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/12/05 8:42 am - Winchendon, MA
While you are still on the CIB - add 1/4 or 1/8 cup of Dry non-fat milk to the mix. You need to read the box, but I think it up'd the protein by 8 gr. It does take a while to get all the CIB in, take your time. The bottom incision is where the tool was, so it had the most movement, poking.... Best of luck. Dawn -117
cinnponce
on 1/14/05 1:56 am - Seminole, FL
You can try Isopure Zero Carb Drink. You get it at the Health Food store. They have different flavors. It's like a kool-aid with clout and no sugar. One 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of protein. Sue
Jenna B.
on 1/16/05 1:09 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi I found a good Whey Protein suppliment at bariatriceating.com, it's called "Nectar" & comes in a couple of different juice flavors (the roadside lemonaide is my favorite). It has 23 grams of protein per scoop & you can mix it in with water, or if you like crystal light Ice tea it tastes pretty good in that too. It only has 90 calories per serving, 0 fat and 0 carbohydrates. I had trouble choking down the milk based protein suppliments - they were too heavy in the pouch. There are other "snack" items on the sight for those who are further out. Good luck, ~Jenna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views