Hair Loss Experiences

Dave_K
on 1/4/05 12:32 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
I was always blessed with a thick, full head of hair (maybe all those extra calories I used to eat made it so!) Now I'm 6 months post op and noticing more and more hair in the shower and on my brush. My hair is thinning. I am taking Iron, Calcium, B-12 and multivitamin supplements. My question is that I've heard some people say the hair loss is permanent and some say it is temporary. What were your experiences with hair loss? Thanks, Dave K
DJJCHARRIS
on 1/4/05 2:08 am - Winchendon, MA
Dave, it will stop and re-grow. I had clumps in the shower for months it seemed. Now I just notice it once in a while. I think it just depends on how you body is processing. Just keep up the protein - that is the #1 thing. Good luck and happy melting. Dawn -117
Jenna B.
on 1/16/05 1:23 am - Tyngsboro, MA
HI My hair was extremely thin to start so needless to say I did everything I could to minimize the loss. I was told by the NP in the program that the amount of Protein you can consume will have an effect on hair and nail growth. Usually 3 months post-op is when it starts. I'm 8-months out and my hair is growing back without any problems. I've been good about my protein and so far so good. The NP also indicated that some post-ops suppliment with Zink & use Nioxin Shampoo. I did try the shampoo & it will help to keep your hair follicles from clogging so when there is new growth you won't have a problem. Good luck! ~Jenna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views