Clothes? What do you guys do?

cinnponce
on 1/3/05 4:07 am - Seminole, FL
HI, My sister and niece took my fat clothes but they did give me a gift card for Xmas to replace some of them. I'm noticing that many of the stores are having big sales right now. I bought a couple of pairs of pants and tops to get me through the winter. I also found some great deals on work clothes at the Chadwick's outlet store in Brockton. They only open on the weekends though. Another lifesaver has been Ebay. Like everyone else, I only buy enough to get by. I also had my surgery at NEMC. They are great!!! This is the best thing I ever did for me. Good luck to you, Sue
lmt516
on 1/4/05 1:43 am - Brant Rock, MA
Beth - what days to you go? I am doing my first one today. I opted to start in the private, figured I would ease in. I loved Dr Tarnoff, he was great. I would love to see if we could do a South Shore group, even informal. Feel free to email me - [email protected]. We also started at almost the same weight - I was 314 on surgery day, just did my 6 week weigh in - down 40lbs even.
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/05 2:34 am - South of Boston, MA
Lisa- I don't do the small groups--- to be honest, I was pissed when I realized I had to pay for them! I didn't sign up back then... and so I only recently remembered that they HAD small groups. I think I'd be more likely to do it if I didn't have to remember to bring a co-payment plus parking each time, you know? I go to the monthly post-op group now... I really enjoy it. As for starting a group- I'd be thrilled to give it a whirl... perhaps I'll start a thread and see if we can't find more very local people here--- and find a common meeting place and time for something very informal... I wonder where we could set it up? Of course my first inclination is a place like Starbucks, buuuut..... ..... Hmmmm.... I'll think on it--- send ideas, please! Anyone else locally? South of Boston--- I'm off of Exit 11/12 on RT 3.... so I'd be willing to go somewhere between Rockland/Plymouth? Yep- we're similar in weight too--- I was down to about 298 on surgery day... I lost a few lbs pre-op... not as much as they ASKED me to, but a few! -Beth 313.298.158.130
Honeypeach Thonks
on 1/5/05 12:04 am - MetroWest, ma
. Salvation Army and its clones. My stepson calls it Sally's Boutique, and prices are cheaper than consignment stores. They're generally short of larger sizes, though, and the quality i**** and miss. But they're a great place to start; then you can move on to more expensive places if you don't find what you want. (Besides - you might find an unrecognized antique - I got a $400 piece of art pottery for $2.) At first, though, you just reach a little farther back into your closet! .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views