Have some questions!!!

surfingirlb
on 12/30/04 11:12 am - St Robert, MO
Nope just the mandatory one-sorry. When are they anyway. I am sure they will tell me when they are. B
Luann S.
on 12/30/04 10:51 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Krista, I did not stop caffeine before surgery and had a HORRIBLE headache the entire time I was in the hospital. It was weeks before I even wanted to try coffee afterward though and I really enjoyed a cup of decaf tea when I was allowed that. Soda still doesn't do it for me even three months out now. I need my fluids too much to fill up with bubbles! I do have one small cup of coffee a day now, but drink it over the course of several hours. I wish I had cut back before the surgery and avoided that headache! It seems wise to try to stop or cut back pre-op. Also caffeine can cause calcium depletion, something we have to be concerned about post-op. Good luck! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -60lbs
Krista B.
on 1/2/05 10:07 pm - Leominster, MA
Thanks to all who have responded. I just wanted to know what the reasons were for the coffee. I have given up the soda. I had my last soda on New Year's. I now have smoking and coffee and I think the last coffee was today. I figured smoking would be last since that is my hardest. I am getting really excited as I start the excercise classes this Thursday. I can't believe 3 mos has already gone by. It seems like it is going by so fast now. Thank you all for the help you have given me. Krista Pre-op 342lbs
Dave_K
on 1/4/05 12:23 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
It's coincidental that you should ask these questions! I has bypass surgery in August and just spent a night in the hospital a few weeks ago because of severe abdominal pains. The source? I developed a gastric ulcer! I did some research on gastric ulcers and the three main contributing factors are smoking, caffeine, and hard alcohol. I used to engage in all three vices.. until I was diagnosed with the ulcer 2 weeks ago! I hope others can benefit from me learning my lesson the hard and painful way! The risk of ulcers is real and they HURT! Dave K
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views