NEMC Post-ops?

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 7:46 am - South of Boston, MA
Anybody? Anyone go to the monthly meeting? There's one on Monday night, I'm determined to make it... it's a hard time to get there from home with three kids, but, I need to! -Beth 313/298/160/126
cinnponce
on 12/17/04 9:47 am - Seminole, FL
HI Beth, Unless we get snow, sleet, or ice on Monday, I'm planning on going to the monthly meeting. Do you think alot of people won't go because of the holiday? Sue B
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 9:52 am - South of Boston, MA
Oh crud, I forgot about the upcoming weather.... I think it will be a light meeting, due to the holiday... -Beth
cinnponce
on 12/17/04 10:02 am - Seminole, FL
Hopefully, the weather people are wrong again. I really want to go to the meeting. I missed last month's meeting cause I was not feeling well. And, my small group has been only 2 or 3 people and not very helpful for me. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 10:05 am - South of Boston, MA
I've only been to one meeting since my surgery- and that was October! I haven't been to any small groups either, but that was more because I can't stand the thought of paying a co-payment, parking, and traveling to Boston for it. -Beth 313/298/160/126
jenniferg
on 12/18/04 6:53 am - melrose, MA
I plan on going. This will be my first meeting. Thank goodness for this website, the sounds of the post-op groups they offer at NEMC are more of a money maker. But support is so important. I plan on going monthly and asking and reading questions on here. So far so good!!! Hope to see you guys there! Jen
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/04 11:01 pm - South of Boston, MA
Jen, I hate to say it, but I always have.... those groups are a money maker. I don't care that they have a psychologist running the groups, post op support on that level should be available to everyone, not just those who are willing to pay for it. It makes it difficult for those who might not have the resources for an extra co-payment, plus parking or bus/train fees to GET there. It can be an expensive trip. Once a month for parking only isn't so bad--- I'm willing to do that. I was shocked when DH had to pay $800.00 pre-op for the behavioral visits for us... too... before we even got any approval for surgery. I'm thankful we WERE approved and haven't had to pay for anything else- but those co-pays for the education and visits were alot of money last year.... $50 each per session, plus $800.00.... I'd love to have a FREE post op support situation locally, I'd do it if I had the resources! -Beth 313/298/160/126
cinnponce
on 12/19/04 2:13 am - Seminole, FL
What area of MA do you live in? I live in the Taunton area and there is a group of people that had the surgery done locally that means monthly at the local hospital cafeteria. I'm thinking about joining that group.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/04 9:02 am - South of Boston, MA
Hey Sue- I live off of exit 12 of RT 3.... South Shore.... Which hospital does the support group down here? -Beth 313/298/160/126
cinnponce
on 12/20/04 6:39 am - Seminole, FL
I'm not sure if it's the hospital that does the group. I just know there is a group that meets at the Morton Hospital in Taunton on the 4th Tuesday of the month. I found it on the yahoo MA message board. I had contacted MaryAnn @ [email protected]. If you are interested you can contact her. I never got to attend because my small group is the same night. But, they seem like a very active group. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views