Hey! where is everybody??

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 8:10 am - haverhill, MA
Where did all the folks from the Mass message board go? Come out and play I am fighting the string cheese addiction again For those of you *****member.....I vanquished the string cheese demon this summer. I let it back in to my food plan....and it has taken over. I know string cheese is normally a good thing, but for me, it seems that I cannot stay away from it. Too many fridge drive bys and I will gain weight back. Besides, I would rather eat a couple pieces of string cheese than regular food. That isn't good either. Anyway that's what is up with me...next???
Kim T.
on 12/15/04 7:50 pm - Dracut, MA
I'm here... not posting often, but i read thru almost daily... I started my new job 2 weeks ago, working during the day now, instead of nights. This is a bit hard to get used to!!! and so is the job, but i'm getting there! I've been doing pretty well on my food plan, had this incident with a boston cream pie, i know i know but this morning i threw the rest of it in the trash!! I'm down from 262 starting before surgery to 175!! only 25 pounds from my goal of 150!! At 5'1" i should weigh less but i can't even imagine being 150, so i'm sticking to that goal and we'll see when i get there if i decide to go for more!! step away from the string cheese!! Kimberly, werent you starting some classes or schooling as well? (hope i'm remembering the right person) if so how's that going??? have a happy holiday!! ~Kim
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 4:44 am - haverhill, MA
HI Kim I guess you and I are the only ones on the boards these days. Good for you...tossing that evil Boston Cream Pie out in the trash. Do not doubt that you will get to your goal....I started at 248...my goal was to get to around 145. Here I am hovering between 131 and 135. Don't worry...this is my second full day....clean and sober...off of the string cheese I have come too far to let an old habit like this get me. Yes, I am back in school....full time. I also work two part-time jobs...one as a school music teacher and another as a church choir director. Good luck with the new job. How are you adjusting to the schedule change?
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 4:46 am - haverhill, MA
I just noticed.....my new face is up....with the before and after faces.
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 6:13 am - MA
I'm here! Just finished my final exams and still researching/exploring to see if WLS is the right decision for me. I adore string cheese - but in moderation - it isn't a trigger food for me...at least not yet!
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 11:13 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Jen Nice to meet you. Anything I can do to help with your information gathering about WLS...just let me know. I am happy to help.
mrstmc1958
on 12/16/04 7:16 am - Worcester County, MA
I am a little new to this board. I am 2 mos post op and lived on string cheese for a few of those weeks. Now I am just trying to get on some sort of a daily menu to get in my protein. I can't stand any of the shakes or bars so for now gotta love that string cheese!
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 11:17 am - haverhill, MA
Love your screen name! The string cheese is great for someone at your stage of post op eating. I am almost three years post op...so I am trying to widen my horizons a bit. Also....it seems to be a trigger for me in times of stress. It is best that I leave it in the store where I cannot get my hands on it.
Julie H.
on 12/16/04 8:15 pm - Georgetown, MA
I am here Kim. Just trolling around lately. I think that pineapple chunks and cottage cheese are my "cheese sticks" . I am now 17 months out. Couldn'T tell you how much I have lost , don't own a scale - I still look away at the doctors office. I started out at 262lbs and wore a size 28. Now wearing medium tops and size 8 pants. So I am thinking some major missing pounds. Love your photos , you look super. I thought I even saw you at the market basket in Riverside plaza one day, but when I turned again you were gone. Missed ya I think. My stress reaction is I just cook all the things I can. I throw away more food than anything else in this house. I did find out that I can tolerate the fried mushrooms at the Outback- I have them once a month. Thankfully the closet one to me is Peabody and I am cheap about gas and eating out!!!!!!!!!! Have a great holiday. I will keep an eye out for you.. Julie
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 1:52 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Julie, It probably was me at the Riverside Market Basket. I am there all the time...picking up one thing or another. If you see me at the string cheese case....tell me to drop it and back away I have no idea what you look like....so don't be afraid to come up and introduce yourself. Since you live so close by.....I can imagine that we would run into one another. Brainstorm! We can always meet on purpose.....hmmm. Do I remember correctly? Did your husband have surgery too?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views