~~BEVERLY AREA~~~

Alice W.
on 12/5/04 8:07 pm - Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone~~ Just stopping by for some help!! My daughter and her family have just moved to the Beverly area of Boston, from Texas. Also about 10 mins from Salem. I would like to know if there is a great resturant in that area!! It is their anniversary and I would like to give them a special night out---they have a 15 month old boy!! Any other suggestions or places to see, would be greatly appreciated!! They are not familiar with the neighood yet! Thanks. Enjoy this beautiful day~~~Alice
Mary Jo
on 12/4/04 9:09 am - Oakdale, MN
My nephew is from the Boston area and lived right in Beverly for a number of years. If you can wait til Monday, I'll email him and ask what the good restaurants in the area are......there are more, I believe, in Danvers than anywhere, but the towns are all close by out there. I'll let you know what I find out! (Actually, I lived in the Boston area for 12 years, myself....but I was in the south and west, so am not too familiar with what may be in Beverly.) I'll write soon!
Alice W.
on 12/4/04 9:56 am - Long Island, NY
Hello M.J.~~~ Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!!! It took someone from MN to respond to my post. Yes, I can wait until you hear from your Nephew!! Danvers sound good too--any info would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Alice
Mary Jo
on 12/4/04 11:59 pm - Oakdale, MN
Alice.....I heard from my brother-in-law (he reads his email sooner than my nephew!). He suggested that either the Danversport Yacht Club or the Beverly Depot would be very nice restaurants. I think both are in Beverly. Here are some links I found for you by doing a Google search on the internet: http://www.barnsiderrestaurants.com/4bvrldpt/ http://www.danversport.com/ (Personally, I like the looks of the Beverly Depot....but it seems like it may be a tad more expensive than the Yacht Club.) Good luck!! Mary Jo P.S. If you get multiple responses from me, I apologize....I'm just getting used to this message board, so originally I sent this to you via email - then I noticed it was only sent to Alice W with no internet address! So I ended up copying and pasting it here. One of these days, I'll get the hang of things! (I may even learn how to use those emoticons!)
Alice W.
on 12/5/04 2:31 am - Long Island, NY
Mary Jo~~~ I agreee, the Beverly Depot looks wonderful!! What isn't expensive these days!! You have come to my recuse and have been a big help! Thanks a million!! And thank your BIL too!! Don't worry, you will get used to posting, it will get easier. Now for those cute emoticons....just go to the right side, and click on the down arrow for the message emoticons and they will appear. I just copy and paste them. Good Luck with your journey to WLS and if I can be of any help to you---just let me know!!! Alice
Lani T.
on 12/4/04 10:45 pm - Greenfield, MA
Hi there - I used to live in Beverly - and I loved that area! Right on the coast, with a lovely view out to Salem and the islands, Beverly is a great city, with LOTS of great little restaurants and shops. Also, they are right down the coast from Gloucester, Rockport, and just north of Boston. As newcomers from Texas, they should try "Legal Seafoods", a terrific seafood restaurant, with a few locations in the Boston area. There's one right next to Beverly, in the North Shore Mall, and they will not be disappointed in any of the fresh fish selections, or of course lobster, on the menu! Good luck to them in their move - LaniT (Surgery scheduled 12/14
Alice W.
on 12/5/04 2:39 am - Long Island, NY
Hello Lani~~ I forgot all about Legal Seafood--we have one here on Long Island and it is a terrific place to enjoy a good meal!! I can wait to go up there next week. My daughter has described it to me just like you did. She says she can see the water from her front windows!! And she love the quaintness of the area. Thanks Lani, for posting your idea and helping me out. Much appreciated I see that your WLS is just a week away. Don't forget to take a Before Pic of yourself. It really is very important to have one. There really is a much healthier and happier lifestyle that awaits you. I wish you an easy surgery with a rapid recovery. If you need anything, I am just an e-mail away!!
Mary Jo
on 12/5/04 8:26 am - Oakdale, MN
Hi, Alice! Great I was able to be of help......another poster's idea of Legal Seafoods was excellent, as well....that's an established place that has a number of restaurants in the Boston area. Hope you are able to get up there and visit the three of them sometime soon! And thanks for the tips about the emoticons! (Hope this works!)
Alice W.
on 12/5/04 8:06 pm - Long Island, NY
Mary Jo~~~ It worked ........... Alice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs