HELP !!! In desperate need here ..

BostonJeff
on 11/29/04 3:39 am - Malden, MA
Hey all - congraz to me - Im Engaged !!! But.. we're broke.. and I need ideas for a pretty, nice place for a reception/ceremoy, like some hall or clubhouse or church that will hold 100 people and let us do a buffet or hour' dervies In the Boston area or nearby .. Anyone ??????? *begs* Jeff
NoSurrender
on 11/29/04 4:04 am - Oxford, MA
Congratz indeed, Jeff! Have you checked w/ any of the halls in your area like the VFW, Elks, American Legion, etc? If you know a veteran, or an Elk, Eagle, etc, you may be able to have them book the room for you. Often, these places have a kitchen and will let you bring in your own caterer, OR they'll cater it for you if you like. I noticed on your profile that you have a regular church... is there any chance they have a hall you could use, or, if not, do you think you could get some of the folks in your church to cater (buffet, etc) your wedding at the VFW? When are you getting married? Any chance you could use a local sportman's club (rod & gun club) and let them do a bar-b-q for your wedding. Often, those meals have a pretty low per-person price tag (compared with other caterers). Good luck! MaryAlice
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/29/04 5:33 am - 128 Belt, MA
great ideas here, but also think of public places. Have the wedding say in the Boston Public garden and the reception at a relative's house. In Brookline, the Lars Anderson park. How about a College, they often have non-denominational chapels--and then a room to rent afterwords. I'm sure with Christmas coming and more engagements to be had--you want to jump on it if you are set on a specific month. good Luck and best wishes. (I've been married 18 years!)
Simone H.
on 12/6/04 4:23 pm - Boston, MA
Hey I'm planning my tenth year anniverasary. W are going to renew vows and party!!! I'm looking into the Hilltop in Saugus MA. You can view their packages online. If you are not apposed to having everything in one place This is a nice place. I went to a reception there and it was very nice. They have very inexpensive packages and it includes a wedding planner. Check it out. I'll update you on any other places I'm looking into. Email me and we can chat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views