Another year

Karen W.
on 11/29/04 1:10 am - Worcester, MA
Hello, Right now I'm pretty down because I found out I'm going to have to wait till next September for my surgery because I was hospitalized for depression recently. They want me to be stable for one year before the surgery, which I can understand. I know the risk of complications. It's just hard because I've been fighting for this for three years. I was hoping the wait was almost over. I'm going to be doing everything by the book for the next nine months and will be attending support groups at UMASS in Worcester every month. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks, Karen
NoSurrender
on 11/29/04 4:08 am - Oxford, MA
Karen, Take heart dear. The medical folks at UMass are only looking out for your safety. Trust that they know what they are doing, because they do. My surgeon is Dr. Czerniach too, and I think he's just marvelous. I saw Dr. Sharenow in behavioral med, and she's also wonderful. I know the waiting is difficult, but let me assure you, it's worth the wait. Just be thankful you're not dealing with insurance deadlines and the possibility that your insurance won't cover you next year (I'm reading a lot about that on the main message board). It is going to happen for you. Just be patient, and keep following the rules. You will get there. MaryAlice
Marj G.
on 12/1/04 5:48 am - Plymouth, MA
Karen, Take heart!!! I had the same thing happen to me. I was scheduled for surgery, and the night before the surgeon called me and said that they thought I was too depressed. I went into a deep depression as I had been waiting for over a year and had gone through all the testing, psychology group meetings etc. Long story short, I had lap band surgery on July 28 and have lost 45 pounds since the surgery (85 since starting). My outlook on everything is better and I feel like a new person. The doctors know what is best and although it is hard to wait, it is the best in the long run. The things you have to deal with after surgery are difficult in a different way and you need all your strength and insight to do it. email me if you wish to talk. I will give you any help I can. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Marj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views