NEED TO LOSE 30 POUNDS BY JAN 25TH

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/04 8:42 am - CT
HI EVERYONE, I HAD MY APT WITH DR. BODNER LAST TUE. HE SAID HE WILL DO THE OPEN GASTRIC BYPASS BUT I NEED TO LOSE 30 POUNDS BEFORE HE WILL SCHEDULE THE SURGERY. HE SAYS HE HAS EVERYONE LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE HAND. IT IS BETTER FOR THE SURGERY. OK WELL THAT IS ALL FINE AND DANDY BUT, IF I COULD LOSE WEIGHT SO FAST AND EASY I WOULDN'T BE SEEING SURGERY TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. IF ALL OF THE DIETS FAILED WHICH THEY DID THEN WHAT AM I GOING TO DO. HOW DO I LOSE THE 30 POUNDS, I'M SO FRUSTRATED AND ANXIOUS. ANYONE BEEN WERE I'M AT AND HAVE SUGGESTIONS. IF I LOSE THE WEIGHT BY THE 25TH OF JAN THEN I CAN HAVE SURGERY FEB NO LATER THAN MARCH HE SAYS..... TARA
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/28/04 9:12 am - 128 Belt, MA
If you think this will add extra stress or even extra weight maybee you should seek out a physican that doesn't require a weight loss. My physician did not require a weight loss, but did require a 2 week liquid diet--which he said would basically do the same. Good Luck. Joan F.
NoSurrender
on 11/29/04 3:56 am - Oxford, MA
Tara, I know how hard it is, but your doc is right. It is better for you to lose a few lbs. before surgery. My suggestion is to try the South Beach diet. You have about 2 months, and I'm sure you'll do well with South Beach if you can stick to it. Anytime you feel the urge to come off of it, remind yourself that there will be no surgery unless you lose the weight. Let the surgery be your motivation. Good luck, MaryAlice
Caeli B.
on 11/30/04 3:38 am - Boston, MA
Forced weight loss pre-op sucks but was definitely worth it in my case. I too had a short deadline and lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks doing 5 weeks of Atkins Induction and 1 week (final week pre-op) of liquids only. It's tough but doable WITH exercise. Best of luck, Caeli
kim ..
on 12/6/04 9:59 am - Arlington, MA
Hi Tara Here is a sure way to lose the weight when i went for my post op apt. the doc told me i had to lose 30 lbs too i ended up losing 50lbs i did it with a liquid diet called HMR great product. It does cost about $25 per box of 18 but well worth it. I just had my surgery on Dec 2nd im doing great i realy dont feel like i even had it done. I was able to get it at Lahey Burlington Pharmacy. the soup is nasty and so is the vanilla the chocolate is the best also they have a web site www.hmr.com you can try that its a bit more money there. good luck with everything KIM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views