Thanksgiving

Luann S.
on 11/26/04 1:59 am - Randolph, MA
I was very nervous about Thanksgiving, given that I had been having a lot of trouble tolerating any advance in my diet. But, since being advanced to Stage 5 last week (now 9 weeks post-op) I was able to have a very satisfying Thanksgiving day. I was able to eat a little bit of anything I wanted as long as it was cut small, eaten slowly and I didn't drink at the same time. It was the first time in years that I didn't feel bloated, groggy and guilty after eating! I kept the guest list to immediate family, as I wasn't sure how I would tolerate the day, so it was very relaxed and enjoyable and the meal was spread out over the entire afternoon and early evening. I am so thankful that I had this surgery and that I am on the road to a healthier happy me! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -50 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/04 7:16 am - haverhill, MA
Glad to hear that things went smoothly for you. Thanksgiving has become a very laid back day for me. The food just doesn't matter anymore. Takes the pressure off ....I ate just like I normally eat....with the addition of a very small piece of sf apple pie. Congratulations Luann....I wish you many more non-bloated, guilt-free holidays!
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/26/04 9:50 am - 128 Belt, MA
Well said by both of you. Thanksgiving used to be the beginning of my holiday food festival which ended ??? whenever. I ate small amts also, and I used the small plate. I didn't feel that I over did it , and a spoonful of dessert was a real treat. I don't feel that I need to eat all the leftover,either. Today, I had chili for supper. My family (many who have extra pounds)totally support my surgery and say I am now inspiring them. Thank you to everyone on the board for inspiring me! Cheers to us all! Joan F.
Luann S.
on 11/27/04 1:14 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks for the support Joan and Kim. Thanksgiving is my new Independence Day! Luann
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/04 6:35 am - haverhill, MA
I like that.....Independence day. It does feel like that. No pressure to eat until you can't move. Freedom from leftovers!
marypoco
on 11/29/04 7:35 am - amherst, MA
It was a nice thanksgiving for me too!! I think I was one of the only one's at my Mom and Dad's that wasn't a glutten!! I was FULL but, I wasn't an oinker!!! Isn't it funny how other's eat, kinda like a troff {spelling} They were done their big plate full of food before I finished my little portions of food! and my Mom had 2 pieces of pie and some ambrosa for dessert!! stuffing it all the way saying HOW FULL SHE WAS !!! I had a sliver and I mean a sliver just to taste and was SO completely satisfied!!!!!!!!!!! funny how your prioritys change!!!! Glad you had a great thanksgiving! ~Mary 6/8/04 -78lbs 83 from highest
Donna D.
on 12/13/04 9:59 am - Randolph, MA
Hey Luann. glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I like that Independence Day stuff, very true. Are you all healed now? Wow, you certainly are loosing the pounds. I'm getting there slowly but I can't do the walking like you do. Keep up the good work, you're doing great! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views