support groups

jenniferg
on 11/26/04 12:52 am - melrose, MA
Hi.. I was interested in finding a local support group. One that might meet once a week. I think I need the support. Talking online has been wonderful, but I was really interested in finding a support group. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance!
cinnponce
on 11/26/04 1:52 am - Seminole, FL
Jennifer, I noticed that you had your surgery at NEMC. They offer a free large support group the 3rd Monday of the month and also a small support group at various times. Have you considered going to them? I find them very helpful. Sue
jenniferg
on 11/26/04 2:01 am - melrose, MA
Do you know where I can find the listing of the smaller support groups. I know about the large one. I just would like one more often, for now. Thanks. If not no biggie.. I'll just give them a call.
cinnponce
on 11/26/04 7:15 am - Seminole, FL
When I saw the nutritionist for my post-op follow-up, she gave me all the paperwork. I know there are quite a few groups. I signed up for the 4th Tuesday at 5:15 but so far, it's me and one other lady. We are thinking of asking for another group. I know that two of the girls in my pre-op group have also signed up for small post-op groups. One goes on the 1st Monday of the month and the other the 1st Tuesday of the month. Both of those meet at 6:30. I may ask to switch to one of those. If you call Kathy at the OCC, she can send you the form or give you meeting times. It really helps me to go to the 2 meetings a month. If you need to talk to someone in between, feel free to e-mail me. I check my mail a few times a day. Good Luck to you. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/04 7:18 am - haverhill, MA
Maybe we should start one for people North of Boston. I was going to one in Methuen for awhile...but it has folded.
jenniferg
on 11/26/04 8:08 am - melrose, MA
Thank you so much! I am heading in on Wednesday and look forward to the information! Thanks again!
jenniferg
on 11/26/04 8:10 am - melrose, MA
That sounds like a solution! I'm going to see the doctor on wednesday. I want to check out the information from them, but I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Debbie R.
on 11/26/04 9:05 am - Woburn, MA
Jennifer, Hello from Woburn! It looks like you had your surgery the day before me. I go to a couple of meetings but they are only held once a month. One of them is at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital and the surgeons name is Dr. Randall. The meetings are open to anyone that wants to attend. It's a great meeting. The other is held by Dr. Ameri (Stoneham) his meetings are held in winchester but reall easy to get to to. both meetings are fantastic and extremely informative. I you know of any other meetings, let me know. It looks like those of us on the North Shore will have to do some meeting hopping! hope your recovery is speedy. Deb
jenniferg
on 11/26/04 11:29 pm - melrose, MA
Deb... Where did you have your surgery? Do you have the dates of the ones in stoneham and medford? I think I just need to hear other people talk about the same issues I may be going thru, so I know things are going in the right direction. I will definitly let you know if I hear of anything else!! Thanks!
zelenia
on 11/27/04 10:54 pm - Western, MA
Hi Jennifer, If you are interested in starting your own support group contact [email protected] she has a training session that will start soon. This is for individuals interested in starting a support group in there area. I received my materials and I believe the first conference call training is on Dec. 1st. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views